A trip down pt. 2

Yeah, just gonna split this up cause 39 minutes is too long of a read. Lol. For SailorMaya.

Ship: Francis x OC

No warnings

~~~

For the next few months the two of them worked on her memories. For the most part, it was just him and Callie, in their own private place. Francis didn't have to worry about the others or the two of them, all he had to do was enjoy himself. Callie began to regain her memories. First her hobbies, rock climbing, traveling, gymnastics, archeology, then of her former jobs, life, and her friends. It filled Francis' heart with pure joy to see her rebuild herself a little bit every day, she was becoming the person he'd fallen in love with, and was falling in love with again. Still, she didn't remember him, only a handful of instances and memories scattered throughout what she'd already found. Francis feared she'd never remember him, or love him again.

But, at the same time, he knew this wasn't about him or his feelings. This was about Callie, getting her back together. It didn't matter if she ended up loving him again, that was something small, inconsequential in the grand scheme of her life, all that matters is her. Francis frowned, letting his head fall in his hands. It hurt to admit, but it was true. She and her life had to come first, his involvement with her was secondary. A romantic relationship was even farther off the map- if she even wanted to continue it. And if she didn't... At least they could try to be friends.

"Hey Francis!" Callie chirped, walking in, "What're you doing?"

Francis shrugged, "Nothing. Wanna work on your memory? We've still got loads to go."

Callie sat next to him, "Sure! I think we're getting close to being done! I'm actually starting to remember stuff on my own now, like my mom's chicken recipe!"

Francis straightened, "Really? What else?"

Callie tapped her chin, "Mostly small stuff, like my favorite brands... small memories from school... my Twitter password of all things... nothing big yet. But it's filling in a lot of holes!"

"That's great! Is there anything you wanna start working on in particular?"

Callie tilted her head, scratching at the soft fuzz that had begun to hide the scar on her scalp, "Yeah, actually... I've been meaning to ask... what was between us?"

Francis blinked, "Us?"

"Yeah, what were you to me? You weren't on the friends or family lists... so what were we?"

Francis sighed, "... It doesn't matter, we should work on something else..."

Callie folded her arms, "Francis, you know so much about me... about my life... It is important, I want to know what you were to me, what I was to you..."

Francis shook his head, "It's complicated... we should work on something else instead, how about your current-ish job? That's fun!"

Callie frowned, looking away, "... Maybe later."

Francis sank, watching her disappear back into the other room. He kicked himself internally. How could he be so stupid? Of course she'd start questioning him, thinking about their relationship. Now... now they could be in a bad spot... a really bad spot. Francis sighed, all he could do now was hope for the best and that Callie didn't hate him.

The next week was filled with avoidance. Quick glances in his direction were common, but no words broke the barrier formed between them. They hadn't gotten any progress on her memory yet, which just made everything worse. The others had begun to notice Callie and Francis' little problem and decided to intervene before it could get any worse.