Day 5 :)

Not even 3 hours later, Izuku forces himself out of his cosy bed to have a quick shower and pull back on his sweatpants and hoodie (that will definitely require a wash tomorrow, he thinks) before heading down to start breakfast. He tiptoes across the common room, eyes travelling over the lump of blankets still nestled on the couch and sets up his ingredients and utensils as quietly as he can.

On a whim, he makes a cup of cinnamon tea and places it in front of the sleeping Bakugo, making it back to the kitchenette just before the rice cookers beep. In a flurry of motion he mutes them but a groan from behind him is enough to tell him the other is awake. He bustles on regardless, pulling out bowls and arranging them to make filling them easier, before ladling out the rice porridge and adding some salted fish flakes and dried seaweed.

"Oi, Deku." He looks over to find Bakugo leaning across the island, cradling the cup of tea before he drains it and extends his hand, gesturing impatiently at one of the trays that's ready to go. Izuku hands it to him with a soft 'thank you' but he just grunts and disappears. Izuku loads up a second tray and heads to the 4th floor to start the day. He and Bakugo work together wordlessly until all their classmates are accounted for, but Todoroki is still nowhere to be found.

"Let Icy Hot sleep more," Bakugo grunts. "He looked exhausted last night."

Izuku nods, sparing one last look at the common room entrance before he spoons out his own bowl of okayu, ignoring the fish and seaweed in favour of digging out some preserved ginger. Bakugo watches, chilli powder poised in the air over his own bowl as Izuku finely dices the ginger and adds it and a tablespoon of honey. He catches the blonde looking at him incredulously and withdraws a little under his gaze:

"Mum made it this way sometimes," he mumbles, "It's spicy but sweet. I think you'd like it."

Bakugo grunts as Izuku makes his escape to the table, but he has to smile when Bakugo joins him, his own bowl shining with golden specks of ginger. He pauses, watching Bakugo take his first bite and waiting for a verdict.

"S'not bad I guess."

Izuku beams, tucking in to his own breakfast and savouring the taste of home.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Eleven o'clock comes and goes but Todoroki has yet to come down to the common room. The dishes are done but Izuku is painfully distracted to the point of almost dropping crockery on four separate occasions.

"Just go fucking check on him then!" Bakugo finally snaps when Izuku barely avoids impaling his foot with a dropped knife.

Midoriya squeaks, casting a surprised look at the blonde before scurrying out of the kitchen. He worries the hem of his hoodie between his thumbs and forefingers as the lift climbs towards the 5th floor. He knocks on the door, trepidation growing when there's no response:

"Todoroki?" he calls quietly. "Todoroki, are you alright?"

Nothing.

He knocks louder, calling out again.

Silence.

Apologising for the intrusion, Izuku pushes the door open, stepping into the room and recoiling at the suffocating heat of the air. Icy tendrils of dread coil around his spine as he listens to the sound of harsh panting breaths and he stumbles through the dimly lit space towards the bed, laying a hand on the lump curled under the blankets, brows instantly furrowing when he feels how it trembles. He flicks on the bedside light.

"Todoroki?" he tries again, easing the covers down a little to expose a flushed face, eyes screwed up in obvious pain. Fumbling with his thermometer, Izuku clutches his remaining threads of calm, brushing lank hair away from the other boy's ear and wincing at how hot his skin feels from even that brief contact.