Day 13 my dudes

Bakugo is awoken by whispering, blinking blearily as he rubs sleep from his eyes. When they finally focus, he sees All Might leaning withered arms on the guard rail, one hand out of sight, presumably to comfort Izuku if the tiny pained sounds are any indication. That snaps his into wakefulness and he abandons his makeshift bed, distantly surprised that his body doesn't feel sore from sleeping there.

"He ok?" he asks, stepping up beside the teacher.

"Good morning, young Bakugo," All Might murmurs softly. His smile is hidden by the ever-present mask but Bakugo can see it in his eyes, alongside the worry. "Recovery Girl has assured me he's just feverish. Nothing else has changed."

The blonde hums but otherwise just watches as the older man pats Izuku's head and murmurs a story about some villain attack when he was younger. It's exactly the kind of story Bakugo knows the nerd would love to hear and he finds himself listening to his exploits as well, his inner All Might fanboy relishing the chance to hear candid stories about beating the bad guy. But he also can't help feel like he's intruding; he knows about the mentor-successor relationship the two have, but in this moment All Might is so paternal it makes Bakugo's chest hurt.

He checks his watch, he has 30 minutes before class starts. His heart aches at the idea of leaving Izuku alone, of not being able to check on him at will. But he chastises himself as soon as that line of though starts:

"He has Recovery Girl, an actual trained professional. What good are you going to be? Get your ass out of here and go to class. Those shitty extras will worry about the nerd even more if you're not there."

With a grunted excuse, he pulls out the socks, boxers, and slightly wrinkled spare shirt Kirishima had packed him and collects his blazer and pants before going to change. But All Might stops him with a hand on his shoulder:

"Thank you, young Bakugo. For looking after Midoriya."

Unsure what to say, Bakugo closes his hanging jaw, nods, and hurries out of the room, trying to hide his blush and maintain his usual aura. Once dressed, he splashes cold water on his face and shoulders his bag, casting one last long look at Izuku and All Might and letting the HDU doors shut behind him.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aizawa is surprised to see Bakugo slouched in his seat when he flops into the classroom that morning. He's snapping at Mina to "piss off" but his posture is open. It purposely projects an aura of 'everything's fine' and the class atmosphere reflects that; it's less tight and Aizawa smiles a secretive smile before he orders Mina back to her seat to begin the day.

"You think Deku would want me to fall behind?" is the only answer he gets when Aizawa raises a questioning look at him. But his homeroom teacher knows it's more than that. Bakugo is far from ok with being away from the infirmary. The blonde is still on edge, distracted to the point of missing that all the teachers are giving him a pass with questions. But his presence is oddly soothing for the group as a whole; if he's here then Izuku must be doing better. When the lunch bell rings he's out like a shot, not bothering to look back until Aizawa calls him and he freezes in the corridor.

Here," he shrugs, offering a small box and chopsticks before gesturing to his to go on. Bakugo narrows his eyes but accepts it with a nod and takes off running.

When he knocks on the teacher's lounge to return the thankfully empty box, his expression is more haggard than when he'd left; mouth a tight line. But the look in his eyes screams 'I don't want to talk about it' so the homeroom teacher holds his questions back. As the door closes, a text from Recovery Girl offers an explanation: