Chapter I: Pilot

We spent a while on the rode, it was long and gruelling and after about 2 weeks we successfully made it to Louisiana. Me and Louis hadn't really talked much. I spent most of my time writing to Cora trying really hard to push past the pain.

The main reason Louis was with us is because he helped a lot with catching Friedman so my mom recruited him to work as a private investigator for us... And of course...to replace Cora. That honestly, hurt to admit. But, I guess I have to push myself if I'm ever gonna get away from all the pain.

We actually were all staying together, we rented a house near the bayou and it was big and beautiful.

When we got there we put our horses up in a stable and I immediately grabbed Louis's hand and began yanking him into the house and to the second floor to find our rooms

"Where are we going?" He asked a chuckling and grinning.

"To find our rooms!" I said. We got to the top of the stairs Louis stopped in his tracks.

"Rooms? Plural?" He smirked annoyingly.

"Shut up!" I slapped his arm and laughed

We chose rooms right next to each other and began to relax.my mom came into my room.

"You best get as much rest as you can, tomorrow you and Bella are starting work at a speakeasy on the outskirts of New Orleans."

"Why is Bella going? Do you not trust me to go alone?"

"No, this man is more important. He is a part of a large organised crime group"  she paused briefly and then continued : "Honestly kid, I would go myself if I wasn't preoccupied with other business in New Orleans."

"Okay whatever. Can I please just sleep now?"

"O'course" she said

She left and I slept for an hour. I had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted."

I ran into Louis's room and said: "Louis!! Let's go exploring the new property!" I begged
Louis was laying down. He sat up and pushed his hair out of his face.
"Okay Soph"

"Just let me get dressed first" he said, a tired smile on his face.

"No, you can't it's illegal" I said sarcastically.

"Shut up" Louis laughed

I left the room and waited for him to come out.
Honestly typically I wouldn't be so urgent to leave the house, but I don't like myself alone anymore. I think about Cora and Whitey and I get really depressed.

We ran behind the house exploring the gardens