Chapter IV: Wake up call.

"You know Whitey still likes you" Georgia said as she applied rouge (blush) to my face in preparation for the ball.

"He's lying, he doesn't like me, he's trying to play me...again." I answered emotionlessly

"I know love when I see it Sophie. That boy's got it bad." She said with a hint of a smile on her face.

"Well too bad, I like Louis." I said hastily

"Are you sure? Sophie, you don't seem happy, or, even, stable for that matter."

"So? Was I ever happy before?"

"At least before you knew what was good for you. You had goals, plans, and interests. Now...quite frankly I've never seen you this violent"

"Violent? What are on about?" I was genuinely confused at that statement

"On the way here you seriously injured three people simply because they were in your way."

"Seriously injured? You directed me to get those guys out of our way."

"I thought you'd pay them, or talk to them...Sophie you skewered them in the arms to scare them off."

"They were in our way!" I argued as I turned around to face Georgia.

"I know those guys weren't exactly saints. But the point remains. And also I've never seen you throw yourself at guys before." She added

"That's because I've never been around guys before." I answered as I turned back around

"You were in La Belle and you were one way, then Cora passed and you switch to someone who's reckless and bloodthirsty..." she paused and muttered in a jokey voice under her breath "and the other type of thirsty.."

"Okay, about the knives, I guess I should have been more careful. But, I just needed to blow off some steam, and I went about it the wrong way."

"What about Louis? Your clearly using him to get over Whitey."

"Alright that's not completely true. Yesterday, I'll admit I did. But, I actually like Louis. He's kind and treats me amazing. He's supported me a lot with Cora and I haven't been using him."

"Sophie. Louis is a great guy, promise me" she paused and locked eyes with me. "Promise me you won't use him again."

"Georgia, do you know how bad I feel about yesterday? I feel horrible, Louis didn't deserve that. Of course I promise."

"Good, I'm glad you see how it's wrong."

"Can you do my hair in curls like you used to do when I was little?" I asked

"Of course. We're all here for you Soph, we know it's been rough losing her that way. Cora was like a daughter to me. But, she was a sister to you. I'm not blaming you for trying anything to get over this pain, I'm just helping you move past as quickly as possible."

"Thanks Georgia"

"If you really like Louis, let's give him a sight to remember!" She said as she giggled.

"The dress is so beautiful!" I said glancing at it sitting on my bed.

"Don't get attached. Your mother wore that dress the day she met your father. She'll want it back"

 She'll want it back"