Chapter IX: Someday.

"Whoah." Louis said really confused

"Why?"

I glanced around the room making sure no one was listening in.

"Well, I can't really tell you here, I don't want anyone to overhear. But, I want you know if you two are willing to help... especially you Louis, you're the best at tracking."

"I can help, sure. But please tell us!" Louis said

I walked over to Louis and took his arm as well as signaled for Whitey to follow me.

I took them out on the porch.

"I'm leaving the Sirens." I said quietly in the moonlight.

"What?!" Louis asked.

"Why?" Whitey asked less surprised.

"There's something my other isn't telling me. At least for now, I can't deal with the connection to Cora, nor can I deal with working like this."

"I understand." Whitey said nodding his head with his hands resting in his hips.

"I don't really understand, I wish you'd tell me more, but, I support you." Louis said putting his hand on my arm.

"Thank you, that means a lot." I said taking his hand and holding it.

"So what do you need your father for?" Whitey asked furrowing his brows.

"Okay, first of all, we aren't safe here.while I was in captivity, in all of my great wisdom having been starved and beaten. I told two guys working for Renaldo who were gonna pose as bounty hunters who want to take my mother's bounty, where exactly they could find our property."

Whitey interrupted the last word of my sentence with: " JEsus Christ." He said putting a toothpick in his mouth.

"I know! I have to fix this."

"Wait, what did the guys look like?" Whitey asked

"One was weird and rugged-y. He had a redneck version of the Louisiana bayou accent. And another man who was dressed a lot fancier who had the aristocratic version of the Louisiana bayou accent." I said

"Do you think I can tell the difference?" Whitey asked

"Oh, you'll be able to. The aristocratic is beautiful. The redneck one is like he tried ruin aristocratic" I stated

"Okay well, nonetheless. I think Naomi knew." Whitey said.

"What?!" I asked

"We were running out of the mansion. Earlier Naomi told me we had one more thing to take care of. So we were running out when she knocked out these two men and stole some sort of map thing."

"How did she know?!" I asked no one in particular.
I began hyperventilating.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked confused.

"You don't understand. It's against the rules, even when you're on death row to give up where the rest of the gang is." I said and I began breathing even heavier

"Sophie. Breathe." Whitey said and he put his hands on my shoulders. He bent down to be on eye level with me and began trying to breathe with me.

"I have to figure out why she did that!" I said and I flung Whitey's arms off of me and walked around the porch.

"I will track your father from all of the info you told me on the ride back." He said and as he was leaving I said.

"Louis wait!"