Chapter VIII: A Rescue.

I woke up. Two men stood in front of me.

"Good morning." One of them said and my tired eyes shot to the white cracked clock on the wall.

12:40.

My head began pounding as anxiety led my heart to speed up.

"Oh my god, two hours" I thought.

I was so hungry, the men were talking but I couldn't hear a word, all I could think about was food and water.
I felt absolutely ravenous. The hunger was so loud it took me a second to process the feeling that my left hand was in so much pain I felt lightheaded.
Honestly, that day took the prize as the most painful (physically) day of my life.

Snap! I snapped out of it and could hear them again.

"Girl!" One of them said waving his hands.

"Fo-food." I managed.

"We know you need food. And we are prepared to give it to you. But we are in need of your assistance." One of them said. He was dressed in raggedy old clothes and covered in dust. His accent was Louisiana redneck. It was painful to listen to. I named him Red.

The other was quite the opposite, He dressed rather nicely. He looked like a plantation owner. His accent was Aristocratic Louisiana, which honestly was quite pleasing to the ear. I named him Yellow.

Honestly I have no clue why I named them after colors, but my head couldn't manage anything else. I guess I figured if I named them I would be able to focus on them. It didn't work. It was beyond twenty four hours since I ate anything and it felt as if I was dying.

Red got a bottle of whiskey and yellow poured some into my mouth.

"That should loosen her up." Red said as he placed the bottle back on the bar.

"We need you to show us on the map where the rest of your party is staying." Yellow said.

My mind couldn't understand why. I was too jumbled and broken. Now it doesn't take two seconds for me to understand that they wanted the bounty on my mom's head.

"Why?" I managed in a voice that implied I was either drunk or incredibly weak.

I was not drunk. It was only about a shot, so I reckon I was just a little loose.

"Because you need food." Red said

"Also because if you don't we won't give you food and Gerald might have to come back in here." Yellow threatened.

My pain grew so strong I felt like bursting into to tears.

"Okay" I said in a shaky voice for fear of the consequences if I did not.

Yellow held up a map. "Where?" He asked

"Above the outskirts of town. Near the Faisal plantation. East of the tobacco fields."

"Okay then." Red said marking the place with a grey pencil.

"Pleasure doing business with you" Red remarked as he left the room.

"Wait!" I mumbled assuming they had forgotten the food.

Phillis and two maids entered the room and crouched in front of me.

The maids fed me some food water and Phillis dressed my wound again.

Eating was so amazing it was almost painful.
I simply cannot describe the feeling so I won't try.

Around 2pm some different maids and two different men came in.
The men carried guns and the maids carried a pink southern Belle style dress. They had to lift my own head up because I was so weak.