1: Mr Elite

1- Mr. Élite

                   For as long as I can recall, prosperous individuals have always been snobs. Snobs who only concern themselves and the wellbeing of urgent household members. Being a èlite one can only imagine what they would say or think of someone they view as a so call ‘inferior’ to the same people who work in order for them to obtain the advances.

Even though I respect Mr Mirza, I am one of those people who sometime gets paid minimum wage, which makes it so much more difficult for me, and all I ask for in return is respect, even if it’s the size of a pea.

         I glare at the man before me. He looks no older than twenty-six, his black hair was swept back out of his face, his body clad in what I’m assuming is the finest fabric one could find. His left hand held a silver Rolex and the three fingers in the middle held silver rings. What baffled me about the bastard was the bunch of leather, beads and embroidery bracelets he wore on the other.

I stood with my back against the door since the very second I walked into his office. Stupid bastard; not even civil enough to ask me to take a seat. I scrutinize the empty chair by his desk and a black couch in the room's corner.

“Why am I being fired?” I say, trying my very best not to lash out at him.

“It seems you’re not qualify for the position, Ms. Reigns,” Cesaro Mirza says without even looking at me.

“Not qualified?!” I could not hold back any longer. The man who is supposedly taking over from his father did not even have the decency to look at me.

Since the past five minutes he kept his head down looking at his damn paper filled desk, not once spearing me a glance, “One year and four months, that’s how long I’ve been working for this company. I have always been punctual—”

“Punctuality is not the only requirement for this job,” He interjects. His dark eyes finally meet mine; acknowledging my presence, “Other requirements include a degree in hospitality and tourism management and three years’ experience. You have neither, with the lack of knowledge you are insignificant to this company.”

That’s just bullshit. After graduating from high school I found out about a programme where graduates are trained, then places to work in different hotels for three weeks. On my last day Khan Mirza had approached me, congratulating me for doing an excellent job. He was so please that I was offered a full-time job.  

Unfortunately, he had fallen ill not too long ago, and he gave his son permission to take over the company. At least that’s what I heard from the rummers employees spread on their free time.

“Although you attended university, I wouldn’t describe you as an erudite either.”

He stands behind his desk as if having him stand would abruptly have me cowering in fear, “Pardon me?”

“I’m sure you are not hard-of-hearing Mr. Mirza and that pity bonus can go straight up your ass.”

Without waiting for him to revive from the shock, I open the door of his office and walk out with my head held high. God knows I needed that bonus. Utility bills are piling up, not to mention rent, and it was my responsibility to ensure that my younger sibling gets a wonderful education. 

However, I would just have to find another job at an early convenience. There was no way I would take that bonus; my mom always said I was a bit too proud, and that also meant that I definitely do not kiss ass, especially after being disrespected like that by that prosperous jackass.

                       As soon as I pay the taxi driver, I dash towards my two-bedroom house I rented when I first arrived here. I need to protect my hair from the ‘storm’ that is brewing up outside. This morning I straightened the damn thing, and I knew that even if it’s just a touch of rain, it will resemble a bird’s nest.