Chapter 6

A few hours pass by and (Y/n) paced back and forth as she waited for Levi to come by to switch their groceries back, looking pretty decent rather than how she looked earlier when she ran into the man. "Gosh you're so airheaded sometimes, (Y/n)..." She grumbles to herself with a little whine. Soon there's a knock at her door and her breath hitches, swallowing nervously as she went up to her door and looked through the peephole. There stood the stoic doctor who held her groceries while checking the time on his watch. (Y/n) let out a shaky sigh and unlocked the door and opened it, smiling sheepishly at him.

"Heyyyyy, sir," She greeted with a awkward chuckle. Levi looked at her with his brow arched and hummed.

"Hello," Holding up her groceries, "You got our things mixed up." He said and she sighed while giving him his things as he gave hers back, the weight of the watermelon she bought earlier is suddenly added in her hold and she lets out a small "oof".

"Y-Yeah sorry about that, Doctor. How did you find out?"

"Well, when I got home and set what I thought was my groceries onto the counter, I reached in and grabbed a box of what I thought was rigatoni pasta shells. Nope. It was a box of (tampons/pads)." He said and a flourish of reds busted out onto her face from embarrassment.

"Oh...." She said while putting her groceries onto the floor and holding up her watermelon, "Here, you can have this after having to drive all the way back here to drop these off."

"I don't like watermelons." He deadpanned and she gawked at him a bit.

".... O-oh..." (Y/n) said quietly and set her watermelon down with her groceries, "W-Well um... How about I make you some tea then?" Levi stood there in thought while his steel eyes looked her up and down.

"What kind?" He asked.

"Well, I have Earl Grey." There's a moment of silence as he thought some more before sighing softly and nodding.

"Alright, fine," He said, "Let me put these in my car and I'll come back."

"Of course," She said softly while Levi gave a nod and walks off to put his groceries into his car and she closes the door, leaving it unlocked for him. "He doesn't like watermelons.... interesting..." She mumbled as she picks her things up and brings them over to the kitchen to put them away and start making the tea, grabbing two mugs from her cabinet. Levi soon comes back and walks in, closing the door behind himself as he walked further into her apartment. His eyes scanning the surroundings as he walked into the kitchen. He sees (Y/n) standing by her kettle as she waited for it to start boiling. 

"Nice place you got here," He said bluntly, making her turn her head to look back at him.

"Thank you—."

"Could use a bit of cleaning though." he said with a slight scowl, "But I suppose it's acceptable."

(Y/n) stared at him in disbelief and bites her cheek, "... Thanks... I guess..." She said as she looked back at the kettle, "You can sit at the table right there, make yourself comfortable." She hummed while gesturing to the counter where two stools stood. The doctor nods as he walked over and sat himself down, having taken his overcoat off and hanging on the back of his chair. Once the water is boiled, she picks up the kettle and pours the hot water into the mugs where the tea bags were already in. 

"Would you like any creamer or sugar in your tea, doctor?" She asked.

"No thanks," Levi said with a shake of his head and she nods while handing him his mug, "And you can stop calling me 'doctor' outside of work. It's fucking annoying." He said with a scowl as he sipped his tea, his words making her grimace as she didn't expect him to cuss outside of work.