Chapter 3

The next day you went to work in your nurse uniform. You walked through the entrance and see Krista at the front desk.

"Hey, Krista!" You say with a smile. She sees you and smiles too.

"Hey, (Y/n)! Ready for work?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!" You say as you walked around the desk to put your bag and jacket down. You two exchanged talk as you sat down next to her.

"Make it back to your girlfriend in time?" You ask.

"Yeah. I told her a lot about you!" She says with a smile.

"Really? What'd she think of me?"

"She said that you seemed like a cool person and that we should all go out sometime with other friends of ours!"

"Oh cool!" You say and smiled even more.

"Yeah. So, how're you gonna deal with today? You know... With Doctor Ackerman?"

"I don't know. But he could at least be-"

"I could at least be what, Nurse (L/n)?" A sharp, deep and cold voice cuts you off and makes you jump slightly in fright.

You and Krista look in front of the desk to see no one other than the devil himself. He stood there wearing his jacket with a cup of coffee in one hand and a messenger bag slung over his shoulder, his cold steel blue eyes glared daggers into you. You gulp slightly,"N-Nothing, Doctor..."You stutter slightly following with a blush.

"She was talking about someone else, Doctor..." Krista says backing you up.

"Y-Yeah..." You say quietly with a nod.

He narrowed his eyes coldly at you that made you cower just slightly. "Tch."Was all he said as he walked away. You two watched as he walked towards the elevator and looked back at one another.

"Thanks..." You mouthed to her. She gives you a single nod as you heard the elevator doors open and then close. "That was close."You breathe out with a smile.

"Yeah." She says with a smile too. So your conversation carried on casually until you had to go and do some annuals on patients for Doctor Ackerman. 

Time Skip

You leave a room as you jotted a few things on the patient's papers attached to the clipboard before you accidentally bump into someone. Knocking their papers out of the hands.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I gasped as I kneeled down to pick up the papers from the floor.

"It's alright. No harm was done." Says the voice with a kind and gentle tone. You look up as you stood again to be met with blue eyes of a very tall man. He smiled gently down at you as you handed his papers back to him, "You're the new nurse for Doctor Ackerman, correct?" He asks.

"Mhm." You nod, "Nurse (F/n)  (L/n), Doctor...?" You trailed off with a a slight tilt of your head.

"Smith." He finished with a chuckle, "Doctor Erwin Smith. A pleasure to meet you, Nurse (L/n)." He says with a smile, offering you a large hand. You grasp his hand and he gives your hand a small shake.

"Nice to meet you too, Doctor Smith." I says softly with a small smile as he lets my hand go.

"I hope Doctor Ackerman is treating you alright. Previous nurses who worked alongside him were either scared off or transferred to another hospital because he didn't like them."

"No no." I say with sheepish chuckle, "He's been okay. Just pretty bossy in a way." DoctorErwin chuckles as he nudged his head, gesturing you to walk with him. You nod and start to walk along with his.

"Yes, he's like that most of the time. But he's really a brilliant man."Doctor Erwin hummed, hands in his pockets, "Doctor Ackerman might seem like an intimidating man."

"He is." You admit before he laughs at your claim.

"I can see that from your view. Despite his intimidating stature, he's a pretty caring gentleman." He says as he stops in front of a window to a patient's room. He looks through the window and so do you. You see Doctor Ackerman standing beside a child, who's sitting on the bed with a new bandaged cast. He's writing something down on the clipboard before the child hands him a drawing of him and the child, stick figured and hand in hand. The child is beaming up at him with a smile. Doctor Ackerman smirks in amusement as he takes the drawing and thanked them. They giggle as he ruffled their hair and took a sharpie to sign their cast. The child smiles even wider as they hugged him. You see that he stiffens a bit before his body relaxes, patting their head awkwardly. This caused you to smile and giggle softly as Doctor Erwin and you look at one another, away from the pure scene.

"I see what you mean, Doctor Smith." You say softly as you glanced back at Doctor Ackerman.

"Yep. If you continue to stick around and put up with his cold antics, he might just warm up to you. Just don't take his snarky comments personally, that's just how he is." You nod as Doctor Erwin smiled, "Well, I have to do some paperwork. I'll leave you to it." He says.

"Alright. Thank you, Doctor Smith." You say with a smile. He returns it as he nods to you curtly and walks off. You watch him walk off with a soft sigh before looking back at the window to watch Doctor Ackerman. He's not there anymore and the child is sitting with their parents and you look over to see him looking between you and Doctor Ackerman. You gulp softly as you held your clipboard close to yourself.

"Finished already, Doctor?" You ask softly. He walks over to you until he's standing in front of you, a bit too close for comfort.

"What were you doing with Doctor Eyebrows?" He asks with a slight scowl as he looked at you and up at the back of the tall doctor, ignoring your question. You tried to not giggle at his comment about Doctor Erwin before blushing when you see how close he was that you could take the scent of his cologne.

"N-Nothing, Doctor. He was just welcoming me to the faculty." You say with a nervous bite to your lip, "Why?" He looks at you and his grey steel eyes quickly glanced down at your lip biting before up at you again.

"Tch, nothing. I just don't see why he would spend his time talking to a absent minded nurse like you." He scoffed as he took a step back. You felt a tiny bit hurt by his comment before shaking it off with determination, remembering to take Doctor Erwin's words to heart about Doctor Ackerman's comments.

"I don't know why either. But he's really nice, sir. I like him already." You hummed at you looked over at Doctor Erwin talking to another fellow nurse. You hear Doctor Ackerman click his tongue with a scoff, causing you to look back at him.

"Whatever. Just hurry up and file those patients' papers until their next annual checkup." He says with a soft growl and glaring eyes. You nod.

"Y-Yes, Doctor." You stuttered before hurrying off before he got angry. Once far away in the hospital, you sigh as you slowed down your pace. You bite your cheek as you think back at how close Doctor Ackerman was and the faint scent of his cologne still lingered. You sigh as you tried to calm your blush down. Then thinking back at how he looked at you and Erwin, at Erwin mostly. Maybe it just your imagination. But maybe, just maybe, you saw a hint of jealousy in his eyes towards Doctor Erwin.

A/n: Hey, guys! Sorry that I haven't updated this book in, like, almost 3 years. A LOT of stuff has been going on in my life that I haven't been on here as much and my current writer's block. I just haven't really come up with anything for this book so that's why this update took forever. Again, apologies to those who have waited for so long for this chapter. I hope you guys like it at least. And is Doctor Ackerman getting jealous of Doctor Smith for having an affect on you or what 😉 Anyway, comment and like if you want. Scream at me for taking so long to update if you like. It's up to you readers. And I hope to see you guys in the next chapter!