Chapter 5

(Y/n) sighed in relaxation as she leaned back into her couch, hot cup of coffee in her hands that she took long sips of. She got done her shift at 3 in the morning and since she took the train to work, she didn't get back to her apartment until 4. As a result, she slept in until 12 to 1 in the afternoon to catch up on her sleep and it felt truly amazing. So now she had the rest of what's left of the day to herself to just relax and have me time. (Y/n) hummed softly as she began to wonder what she should do today now that she's all caught up with her sleep. She got up and walked over to her fridge and opened it, it looked like she was running a bit low on food.

"Maybe I'll go grocery shopping today." She hummed before nodding to herself as she closed the fridge and went to get her jacket on. She wore casual clothing which was sweatpants with a sweatshirt to go on top as she slipped her jacket on. (Y/n) didn't find the need to get all dressed up to look like she's actually going somewhere since she never really sees anyone she recognizes at the grocery story that she usually shops at. Slipping on her sneakers and grabbing her keys, she left her apartment and locked the door behind her before heading off to the store.

Once there, she grabs a cart and wipes it down with a wipe before pushing it inside. She hummed to the music that played faintly from the speakers as she made her way through the store while getting what she needed. She turns around a corner into the next aisle while checking the grocery list she had on her notes app in her phone before a sudden crash is heard when her cart runs into someone else's and an annoyed voice calling out, "Oi—!" The voice and crash sound makes her immediately look up.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry—!" She paused and looked at the person with wide eyes as she recognized the person.

"(L/n)?" Levi said with a brow arched, his glare and slight scowl of annoyance never leaving. (Y/n)'s mouth open and closes like a fish out of water as she tried to find her voice, suddenly blushing out of embarrassment that she ran her cart into his and that he has to see her out in her  most casual and at home look. With no makeup at all which exposed a few blemishes here and there on her cheeks from past acne. Whereas he was dressed in a overcoat, black turtleneck, brown slacks, and designer shoes with his neatly parted and usual undercut. She felt completely underdressed compared to him.

'Why is he so dressed up just for the grocery store...?' She cursed mentally.

"Doctor—I—." She stammered before clearing her throat, trying to compose herself despite being completely embarrassed and internally crying, "I um— I didn't think you go to this store." She said while keeping her gaze down to avoid any eye contact to protect herself from any further embarrassment. Like that was going to work.

"The grocery store close to me is closed for renovations for now so I went here. Because it's the second closest." Levi said, the glare and scowl fading just a tiny bit. 

"Ah—," (Y/n) said with a nod.

"Yeah." Levi said and the two stand there in silence, the cheesy pop song playing over the speakers and the beeping of scanners heard in the distance. 

"So umm," She spoke up while rocking back and forth from her heals to her toes, "I hope you got some rest after your long shift last night?"

"I did, and you?"

"Yep." She hummed with a quick nod and the two fall into silence once more. She tapped her fingertips against the cart handle while still rocking back and forth a bit, not sure how to handle the awkward moment that was quickly rising. She clears her throat for the second time and nods, "Ahem, I should get going and finish up my shopping." She said as Levi nods in agreement.

"Yeah same."

"Alright," (Y/n) said while biting her lips together and nodding, "I'll uh see you tomorrow."