Chapter 19

"Na na na, doringu ahraitu. Denu I bekamu a purinsesu oberu naytu! Na na na na~"

I glanced over at my daughter with her Sofia the First dress bouncing as she skips her way to daycare. She has her hands on both Shouta and I's palms, squeezing ours gently when she wants to be up.

"Na na na na~" she continues her melody even if she has no idea about the lyrics. To think that she's able to somewhat mumble English words is insane. She fell in love with Sofia and has requested us to buy her Sofia things from now on. Of course, being soft for his daughter, Shouta immediately bought everything he can see online.

"A meeting early in the morning, huh? That's quite strange," he wondered aloud in his usual monotone.

"In the HPSC nonetheless," I replied.

Earlier in the morning, we have been informed to attend a meeting in HPSC or Hero Public Safety Commission. It has been months since I went back there. I wonder why they aren't calling me back yet since Eri's case has been resolved already. Well, it's not new as they used to lay me off for months but my intuition tells me that something is about to come. And my intuition never fails me.

"Mika-chan!"

Eri lets go of our hands and ran to a black-haired girl with a red scarf around her neck. The other girl nodded her head to Eri as a sign of greeting. This must be the newly transferred girl but due to my busy schedules, I didn't have the opportunity to see her. According to her file, she's the same age as Eri. Her quirk has not yet developed. It is said that her quirk must be activated first- something to do with her bloodline.

I entwined my hands with Shouta and approached the two girls who are now rumbling about the latest episode of Sofia the First- more like Eri.

Sensing us, Eri immediately stopped talking and leaned on our legs, "Mika-chan, this is my mama and papa," our daughter says while reaching for her bag in Shouta's hand. The latter helped his child put it on and even patted her head. I crouched down to Mika-chan's level so I can see her properly.

"Hello, Mika-chan! Thank you for being Eri's friend," I beamed at the girl. She nodded to me in response. She's a quiet one, huh. I smiled once more and turned to Eri.

"We'll be going now, love. Be good to your teachers, okay?" I reminded her even if she's a good student already.

"Yes, mama! Have fun with papa!" she replied as she kisses my cheek. She turned to Shouta and tugged his pants. The male, who has seemingly understood, crouched down and Eri took that opportunity to kiss him on the cheek too. Shouta's lip turned up warmly- the smile he only has for our daughter and kissed her forehead before straightening up.

My gaze softens as he keeps his smile until Eri is out of our sight. His attention is now directed at me. I watched as his eyes lighted up and a smirk is instantly placed upon his devilish lips. He tries to catch my lips on his but my fast reflexes rendered him unable to give me a smooch.

"Damn woman! Let me just have a taste of you real quick," he demanded with his usual monotone but I detected the playfulness in his grin.

"You've had your fill last night," I teased while running away when he tries to grab my waist.

"That was then and this is now. Wait 'til I capture you."

"Oh? And what will you do darling?" my voice is laced with even more sensuality than when I screamed his name last night.

"Why don't you find it out yourself? Darling." His eyes turned deadly like an animal about to pounce on its prey.

Uh oh.