Chapter 1

"Goodbye Emma, Ray and Norman," I waved at the triplets who scattered along to the waiting embrace of their mother, Isabella.

"Your teacher said goodbye," Isabella narrowed her eyes to her children, voice stern.
The three musketeers turned around and bowed to me saying their goodbyes. I just smiled and waved again. Isabella then led them to her car.

Sighing, I went back to the classroom to help with the cleaning. Today is a fun day. As usual, the children were hogging me earlier for some adventure visuals of their own.
Visuals are what I call the scenario or image that I'm relaying to other people. I can give my visuals to any person I want as long as he or she is in my line of sight. 

This is rather effective in both offense and defense. I can stall some time by giving them nightmare-ish visuals that cause them to freeze or temporarily lose their minds. That's when I use my combat skills to capture the villains.

Just like any quirks, mine also has its downside. I burn twice the amount of energy when I use my quirk. That is why I would just use it for a short period and strike. If I use too much in one day, I would most likely get a high fever and body pains. However, the government uses me more for rescue missions. Oftentimes, after the rescue, people are traumatized and I use my visuals to calm them and give them a nice dream.

Recently, the underground villains or let's say the black market became more active thanks to Hero Killer Stain. My services, as well as the other underground heroes, are needed more than the last couple of years. I'm not complaining though, I was assigned lots of covert missions. And with that, the amount of zeros in my bank account keeps on coming. 

See, missions like this offer a large sum of money than just patrolling the streets every day and fighting some villains in the streets. However, the risk is also higher but I don't mind because there are people who need saving.

After completing the mission, the government would tell me to lay low for a while. Thus, I used to have a lot of free time in my hands. That's why I decided to take on another job. I love children so I decided to become a daycare teacher. 

I gave up my luxurious one-bedroom apartment in the city and moved to the countryside in a daycare center near the mountains. The fresh air gives me the feeling of serenity but that peace has been cut off a few times in the last months.

After I timed out of the center, I immediately went home. The house I bought is quite small and old but I fell in love with the lawn that turned into my garden. I decided to prepare dinner first so that after my training I have food on my table already.

My daily training involves a 5 km run on the treadmill, honing my offensive and defensive skills, practicing my moves with my two swords, and lastly, watching one movie. Although people say I'm creative, I also want to get some ideas from movies for my visuals.

Wiping my sweat with a towel, I proceeded to my kitchen to reheat my dinner. My training has gone in a flash. Hmm, maybe I'll add a new set of moves tomorrow. With a piping hot bowl of curry, I went and sat in my living room to start watching some films.

I remembered a certain bluenette with blue eyes tugging at my apron earlier at the center. The cute 4-year-old asked if he can have something with a basketball for his visual.

I have made a promise to my class that each day, a certain kid will receive a visual from me. They should tell me what they want a day before so I can give them their adventures. It is little Tetsuya's turn tomorrow and he wants basketball.

•••

The shrilling sound of my ringtone woke me up with a start. I opened an eye to see that the living room is still dark. Grabbing the phone, I squinted when the bright screen reached my eye. Ugh, it's three in the morning. An unknown number is calling me. Whatever it is, it must be important. No one calls or texts me just to chat.