Chapter 2

Once we are all settled, the meeting commenced. Bubble Girl started to discuss the Villian Organization named Shie Hassaikai and their run-in with the Team Reservoir Dogs.

Shie Hassaikai? The name rings a bell. This organization has been talked about the underground for the past months when I did some missions. Centipeder informs everyone that they made their own investigation against the organization and found out that they have been contacting other groups of villains and are spreading their influence over the black market. They also contacted the League of Villians though it seems that the confrontation didn't end well.

"Something to do with League of Villians huh? That's why you reached out to me and Tsukauchi," Gran Torino interjected.

After several side conversations, Nighteye continued, "Hassaikai was once suspected of dealing in illegal substances. Which is why I've called in a hero familiar with such things."

I looked at Fat Gum who stood up and exclaimed about Red Riot's debut, "...A drug... That destroys quirks!"

I then whipped my head in the direction of Eraserhead. Now I can see why he is summoned.

With the eyes of everyone on him, he started to explain in a monotonous voice, "It's different than my 'erasure'. I temporarily stop the quirk factors from activating. I don't cause damage."

Fat Gum pointed at his Indigo-haired intern and said that he got shot by a bullet that contains the drug.

"We got Tamaki checked out at the hospital. They said his quirk factor is damaged. Luckily, the body's natural way of healing fixed the problem," Fat Gum added.

Something that damages the quirk factors? Then this drug is a threat to us heroes as well as those with quirks. If they further develop this substance, I am afraid of the extent the damage can cause.

Fat Gum conveyed that they got a sample of the substance thanks to shitty hair's quirk. I guess I should stop calling him that since he did a great job.

"Analysis of the substance found inside...

...revealed something pretty disgusting..." His tone suddenly turned serious as well as the vibe around the room. I can feel the familiar queasy feeling in my gut. I think I know where this is going.

"...They found human cells and blood."

A shiver runs up my spine. Although I have heard and encountered such scenarios in some of my missions, I am still repulsed by the idea of using humans as products. I fucking knew it! Now, this is becoming more like the area I'm most familiar with.

"So... The effect it has, comes from a person's quirk? A quirk destroying quirk..." Ryukyu added to the still room.

I looked around to see the horrified looks of the students. Experienced or not, this information is unsettling. 

The other heroes questioned how Nighteye is sure that Shie Hassaikai is involved. Fat Gum has explained some connections with an incident in Ryukyu's area to which a drug that boosts quirks for a short time is found.

"I'm still not convinced, give me something concrete to go on," the Hero interjected again.

Nighteye adjusted his glasses and spoke, "Their young leader is Chisaki, and his quirk is Overhaul. The ability to both dismantle and restore. Dismantle a quirk that can destroy and then heal. Then... we have bullets that can destroy quirks."

Everything is quite fitting into place but there are still pieces missing. My eyes focused on the two UA students in front of me. I believe they are Nighteye's interns. They started sweating and the horrified looks they are sporting are becoming more apparent as if they knew something. What is it? What it is that you know?