𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙩𝙝

"It's still undecided but, I believe it to be crucial for someone to rule at my side. Someone worthy of handling such a responsibility,"

You listen to him attentively while wrapping the cloth around his largest wound across his chest.

You peer at the necklace he wore, the red egg giving you a funny feeling in your stomach.

A feeling of something sinister and mysterious.

You stare at it longer, almost believing that the small object was in fact alive.

It didn't need to breathe, move, or speak for you to feel that way.

It was just the way it captured your very own attention.

It was oddly entertaining.

"Perhaps after it is ensured that the kingdom is sturdy and filled with life and prosperity."

You subconsciously cease your actions as you still find yourself trying to understand the red object. It drew you in with ease, guiding you to believe that this was no ordinary accessory its owner simply wore.

Griffith looks down at you, his head tilting a bit in confusion when he no longer feels your touch.

Meanwhile, you squint your eyes, making out a strange detail in its equally strange sculpture.

"A face?", you faintly whisper.

Its eyes then abruptly open, causing you to gasp out. You were extremely caught off guard.

You grasp onto the rug beneath you for dear life.

This couldn't be real...

To add to your confusion, just as quickly as they opened, they closed.

Your staring at the egg wide-eyed made Griffith want to laugh.

It got him every time.

He smiles at your smaller form, "Fascinating isn't it?"

As his bright blue eyes fill with amusement, you find yourself relax a bit.

How could he possibly hold close to him such a horrifying necklace after first discovering its shocking ability?

You laugh along with him, unease still tugging at your heart but you ignore it.

"It is. Where'd you get it?" you ask, genuinely curious.

"I obtained it from an old fortune-teller when I was a child. It's called the Behelit, the Egg of the King."

He continues and holds onto the egg, "It's heard that: For once you possess this, you are destined to rule the world in exchange for your flesh and blood."

Your skin crawls with nervous sweat.

"True or not, it solely serves as my lucky charm."

Your eyebrows lower to your eyes. "It seems a bit..."

He looks at you, anticipating your opinion on the said item.

You couldn't find the right words besides creepy and unsettling but you didn't want to possibly offend the white-haired man.

You grin sheepishly, "Never mind, I lost my train of thought."

You move into his space again, continuing to replace his old bandages with the new ones you brought along with you.

You bring up the previous topic, "Someone to rule at your side? Do you mean a wife, a queen?"

You slightly smile at the thought.