𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

and to think that I wanted to make this already long chapter longer but realized its only griffith and just didnt 🙂

⚠︎ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 18+ 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑

Griffith takes your hand in his firmly, leading you out of his quarters with his other hand wrapped around a bottle of wine. The crickets cry out loudly in the silent night and the sounds of your small giggles and both your footsteps faint to those sleeping.

He turns his head occasionally to smile at you mischievously as he hauls you to this "magical place" he stumbled upon. It was still the night of the big victory the band won for Midland and you and Griffith finally had it to yourselves.

You both wander into a forest, barefoot and hoping you don't step into anything other than sticks, grass, or dirt. His porcelain skin shines under the moonlight, his behelit tapping at his chest with each step he took.

You keep your eyes on him as you guys grow deeper into the misty place.

You hold onto your lantern firmly, your ears picking up the light sound of water running. He peers at you knowingly and his white hair whips you in your face as he turns back, causing you to laugh out. "Sorry," he chuckles.

"We're almost there," he announces and you start to wonder what the hell was he doing this far out in the first place. 

Your eyes widen at the scent of lovely flowers you pass by and Griffith quickly grabs one. Cute little bugs fly around the two of you while they harmonize elegant songs together and you gain the longing to dance the rest of the night away.

"Are you feeling tired?" he asks you, making sure to let you know that you're his number one concern for the night; not the band, the king, Casca, Charlotte, Guts...

Nothing else mattered right now and nothing else was going to, he tells himself.

"Not at all. I'm far too eager to be worn out just yet," he helps you over a lengthy log and squeezes your hand comfortably.

"That's relieving to hear."

"It'd be quite the task carrying you back after we've made it this far," his eyes begin to twinkle similar to stars before he nods his head north. He moves a few wild branches and weeds off to the side, "Look."

You direct your gaze to the giant beauty before you. Removing your hands from his, you clasp it around your mouth in an instant. Your sharp gasp still slips through your lips.

The running waters splash around freely, the small droplets giving the plants all around an admirable shimmer. The wind swirls around in all its forms, blowing you gently and taking your breath away. The fragrance of all the rocks, grass and trees, flowers; you loved it all.

You fail to maintain your sight on one detail alone. Whether it be the cute polka dots accumulated on the mushroom's heads or the small guppies hopping in and out of the water.

"It's beautiful..." your stained feet draw closer to the waterfall.

The center of it all.

It stretched to the sky on the humongous mountain and you guys were at the bottom of it. Its streams of water flow in random directions.

Whilst against a tree, Griffith observes as you prance around the place in complete awe. And, he can't help but praise himself for luring out such a reaction from within your soul. He knew that once he had located the place in all its glory, it wouldn't be perfect until he had you there as well.

Now all he could feel was complete satisfaction.

You find yourself rambling on and on about all things you found, your volume is low yet so loud with excitement. But, there was still one more thing you had yet to find.