𝘼𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙣

𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 to 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘁 (𝗲𝗵𝗲𝗺 *𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗽𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿*) :/

You've been practicing your swordsmanship ever since hearing about the demon encounter the Band had in great detail. Its name being Nosferatu Zodd.

The terrifying experience had led to Griffith coming back with a leg injury, Casca blaming Guts, and Guts acting a lot differently as if he was told something very...odd.

You've gotten a lot better according to Casca. She kept your training a secret between you two as Griffith absolutely refused to put you out on battle.

Unfortunately, the band gained a lot of popularity in a short amount of time, meaning less and less would come back in need of your help unless they were already dead.

a/n: does this even make sense at this point? a healer?

Your contribution was at stake and you put in your blood, sweat, and tears to fix that.

After the Band defeated the Heavy Knights of Tudor, they were recruited by Midland for the Hundred-Year War. And, it was just a little after that when the demon showed up during a siege.

Currently you guys were on a hunt, all on horses. It wasn't hard to tell everyone felt that the evening was quite a boring one with all the yawning and lack of chatter.

You ride your horse next to Casca, stopping to see Guts upset. The hunting seemed to be going well for the most part. Though, only a few actually had to hunt.

Judeau asks the same question everyone was wondering about Guts, "What are you upset about?"

Guts scoffs and slightly yells. "Why are we serving a bunch of nobles during their playtime?"

He narrows his eyes, "It's pathetic."

Judeau smiles despite the steam that began radiating off of Guts' body.

"We have no choice, it's our duty."

He continues, "And it's easier than going to war right? No need to worry about getting killed..."

You completely agree with him.

Guts turns away from the freckled boy.

"Still, I'd rather be swinging this around than doing this..." he gently grabs the handle of his sword.

Corkus bursts, "That's all you ever think about huh?!"

"Please don't start Corkus." Rickert immediately sees where this is going, considering all he ever did was pick on Guts for every little thing. It was true he hasn't been fond of him since the very first day they met.

Corkus immediately shuts the little boy up and begins, "Look, until today only the White Dragons had this honorable job, it is reserved for only the best."

He continues, "We tolerated war year after year, faced danger infinite times for this important task yet you dare call this pathetic?"

He made sense for the most part but his approach was entirely hostile.

Guts doesn't bother glaring back at the man and stays silent. "Corkus," Rickert says again.

"Tch, whatever. Go and swing that stupid sword of yours around all you want," he scowls heavily at him.

"Dumb f-"

You avert your gaze from the usual Corkus vs Guts scheme and look at Casca. You notice she'd been looking at the princess who had been accompanied by your leader.