𝟬𝟵 under the willow tree

CHAPTER NINE—— under the willow tree

CHAPTER NINE
—— under the willow tree

( 12 Grimmauld Place )

In an odd twist of fate, Verity is born on the twenty fifth day of the last month of the year — yes; that's right, she's a Christmas baby

In an odd twist of fate, Verity is born on the twenty fifth day of the last month of the year — yes; that's right, she's a Christmas baby. Growing up, her birthday had always gotten lost in the Christmas festivities just a little (not that she ever really minded — she was never much of a sucker for birthdays anyways). Her grandmother and Reagan usually celebrated her birthday the day after Christmas properly with her (Griffin worked for the ministry, and he was always expected back for an extra late night the day after Christmas) with presents and a cake and many, many decorations.

Taking the knight bus and arriving at Grimmauld Place after school had let out two days prior to Christmas, Verity almost screamed and hid behind Hermione the moment she walked into the large house. She bit back a groan as she saw the creature in her father's arms, hanging onto him tightly — she was pretty sure it was making claw marks on his skin, but he showed very little sign of being in pain.

"You bought that thing with you?" Verity questions, squinting her eyes as she stares at her father, not bothering to say hello to Sirius and professor Lupin, both of whom are chatting in the back of the sitting room but pause upon Verity's very loud voice travelling as she glares at the cat.

"Hello to you too, my darling daughter," Griffin grins at her, but she just shakes her head.

"No, no darling daughter. That cat—" She points to the creature in her father's arms — he's large with puffy fur and menacing eyes. "—Is a menace to everybody in this household. It's like inviting the devil onto your doorstep for a spot of tea."

"What'd you bring into my house, Griffin?" Sirius bellows from the back of the sitting room, before making his way towards where Verity and Griffin have gathered.