𝟬𝟯 verity's voices

CHAPTER THREE—— verity's voices

CHAPTER THREE
—— verity's voices

( Glasgow, Scotland )

  In the past few years, ever since the voice of Reg appeared — well, he had been the last for Verity

  In the past few years, ever since the voice of Reg appeared — well, he had been the last for Verity. It was always just her mother, Reg, and Hol, and Verity didn't mind it that way. Sure, Reg and Hol probably died in some horrific way that sounded gruesome from the screaming Verity almost constantly heard, but when they weren't screaming or the waves weren't crashing in on Verity, they were pretty good company — the trio was funny, and on the occasion if she thought hard enough they'd give her an answer or two on the exam (...Sterling would, and then Hol would reprimand her, and Reg would make fun of Hol). She particularly hopes she won't gain anymore — Verity isn't insane, but these voices may just drive to lunacy.

The first day of September had approached under a fog of morning smoke and the glistening light of the sun penetrating the Bellova's window filled apartment, striking the glass in a mildly dangerous fashion as the two residents got ready — Griffin for work, Verity to leave for Hogwarts. With the morning came the faint cricketing sounds of the birds as the swept the sky up in a harmony of thoughts, and for once Verity's mind was quiet and peaceful. The past weeks since her visit to Grimmauld Place had scarcely been filled with anything exciting or joyful — days had been spent working at a beauty store across from her apartment, where the owner, a nice, middle aged lady named Leilani, trusted Verity to open and close and work alone whenever she needed to take care of her small children (Verity didn't mind much, and Leliani's children, one four and the other seven, were both absolutely adorable and visited her often). Nights had been spent sometimes in front of her father, chewing on some form of take out and keeping her eyes on her plate, only answering when directly spoken to because Verity was mad at Griffin, and for some reason Griffin was avoiding Verity — often times, nights however were spent alone in the kitchen, a book in her hand and a fork in the other, because Griffin was not home, off on Order business or working late at the Ministry.