𝟬𝟮 chaos undisturbed

CHAPTER TWO—— chaos undisturbed

CHAPTER TWO
—— chaos undisturbed

( London, England )

   Verity's voices get worse and worse as she drives herself farther into the large house

   Verity's voices get worse and worse as she drives herself farther into the large house. The first turn she had taken was wrong — despite coming to this house and up these stairs quite a few times over the past weeks, she certainly hasn't gotten used to the winding staircase and dark halls, decorated with silver and green, metal and iron, and the alarmingly atrocious and vile in it's action string of house elf heads that littered one wall (Verity never went near that wall again, for the record). She cascades along a particularly dark hallway, but when the sound of Reg screaming intensifies so much so it feels like her brain's being shocked over and over, she turns and walks the other way towards the only other source of noise — the quite loud and piercing sound of Harry's screams through the house as he goes on about something to somebody further down the hall. Verity sighs and clutches her hair in an attempt to subdue the sound of the waves crashing in the back of her mind, and the faint feeling of her mother's body thudding against the floor, over and over and over...

"But why should I know what's going on? Why should anybody bother to tell me?" Harry's voice becomes clearer as Verity finds her way towards a ajar door at the end of the hallway. His voice is angry, filled with distaste and betrayal and it's intensity rivals almost the same as the fainter sound of Reg and Hol screaming in her mind as she moves farther away from the hallway and more towards the room. This whole place screams death and whispers of haunting ghosts to her, and to be quite frank Verity wouldn't be surprised if there was a few dead souls lurking around, hoping to get revenge on Sirius or somebody else in this godforsaken house.

"Can't have wanted to tell me that much, could you? Or you'd have sent an owl, but Dumbledore made you swear—" Verity raises an eyebrow as she takes a seat on the ground in front of the room, leaning against the hallway wall and watching as Harry paces around — she makes no move to go in, wanting full well to avoid any sort of confrontation.