STARS, HIDE YOUR FIRE

STARS, HIDE YOUR FIRE!

 For as long as anyone could remember, normal had been an unused word in the vocabulary that encompassed the Bellova family — unused, but known

For as long as anyone could remember, normal had been an unused word in the vocabulary that encompassed the Bellova family — unused, but known. The beginning of their family had resulted from chaos after ancestors of the family joined Grindelwald, and were proud and open supporters of his. Ever since then, the Bellova family's reputation had gone towards a downward spiral — that is until the birth of Griffin Bellova. Griffin, though bought up in the same environment as his father, was an only child and had no cousins — so when his father passed, the only living heir of the Bellova family decided to turn things around and bring a new light to the family's name. It worked too, he created a lot of good in the world, and donated large sums of the family's name to causes he believed in, causes which his ancestors would screech and howl at. However, normal was still not in any certainty a household feeling for any of the Bellovas', Verity included.

  Barely days old when her mother had passed away out of nowhere under mysterious circumstances (given that the birth went perfectly and she had no underlying complications), Verity Bellova grew up as the younger sister to superstar and all around the best big brother she could ever imagine — Reagan. Although mysterious and disheartening slightly, and not with their share of problems, Reagan was quite possibly Verity's happiest moments. In March of her fourth year — Reagan dies. One moment Reagan is on a job for the Ministry of Magic (he's the world's best Auror, Verity thinks), and the next he's lying in a casket, dead. Reagan is a sweet of melody of the happiest of times to Verity Bellova. One second he is laughing with her, his lips upturning in a sweet cherry smile, the same eyes he shares with his younger sister upturned in the most happiest of crinkles, sparkling with absolute determination and jubilation. One second Reagan is gold and dreams and apprehension for the future, but excitement that he gets to be somebody, to become something. He is fear of the unknowing yet joy of the becoming.

Next, the casket is cold and unbecoming as he lays, dreams forgotten and sister missed, opportunities gone and a weight of hopelessness left on Verity's chest for her to bear.

Verity is a sweet symphony of a midsummer night's dream. She is cherry lips captured with the sharpest words on her tongue, like knives running across the most delicate of skin. She is bleary eyes wrapped with the ghosts of her past, bleeding infinitely with the skies of torture as they speak to her, screaming her brother's name from the ground and up. But, put a front to all that as Verity has and she is a calm nightmare in walking. Verity is settled winds in the dusk as her quill pushes against the thinnest of parchment, mapping out her best grades, not thinking or believing of the pain and sacrifice she has to endure, or the mark that encapsulates the future of her family should she not agree to be her best self. Verity has been left in the dusk, she is a shed of weeping cries that are tear stained and soaked with the pieces of her family breaking apart and moving on while she is stuck in the same place: thirteen years old and standing in front of Reagen Bellova's coffin. A indifferently cold semester as the Dark Lord rises further from the ashes, beckoning the Bellovas' to a call they had hoped to forget, and Verity hears the voices in her head of those who can't speak again — the detached replacement child seems to have no care in the world for her own symphony of pain: she is too far gone.

It's one thing to rise from the ashes...it's another to claw your way back from hell.

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 —————  ( BAD MOON RISING! )

stars, hide your fire, let not light see me my black and deep desires

—— william shakespeare's macbeth

——— character profile
CRYSTAL REED ...... verity bellova

 verity bellova

16 — 18. december 25 1979. gryffindor. half blood.
ESTP  ——— the entrepreneur
extraverted, observent, thinking, perceiving
bold, practical, direct, insensitive, impatient, risk prone, defiant, logical, objective, impulsive, reckless, observent, extroverted, straight shooter, courageous.

( ... )

alex pettyfer ... reagan bellova
henry cavill ... griffin bellova
arden cho ... fay dunbar
wolfgang novogratz ... regulus black
madelyn cline ... holly valencia
sofia carson ... sterling valencia
andrew garfield ... remus lupin
ben barnes ... sirius black
elizabeth lail ... vienna lestrange

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆!

( Slightly dark themes depicting death, violence and gore. Mentions of abuse, depression and suicide.
Read with caution. Also, a heads up that this is a super slow burn, enemies to acquaintances to friends to like kind of lovers to in love type beat so be warned. )

DISCLAIMER!
I do not own Harry Potter and it's affiliated storylines. Any storylines directly related or coming from Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. The Harry Potter franchise is something I grew up with and love however I do not in anyway agree with Rowling's ideas or thoughts in any way, or like her at all for that matter. I do however own Verity Bellova and her storyline, as well as any storyline/plot/dialogue related to her and the affiliated characters that I own such as Holly Valencia.