6. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

°~(⛓🖇)~°

°~(⛓🖇)~°

°DECEMBER 14, 2020
     los angeles, calif.°

it was around 7:30 pm, the group was collectively getting hungrier and hungrier for dinner. they were all sitting in the same area, but not technically in the same room. ophelia and daniel were sitting on the couch in the living room while christian and maya were sitting at the kitchen table.

"alright," daniel spoke up, "we're all getting hungry so what are we having for dinner?"

"i don't know." maya said, shrugging her shoulders and keeping her eyes on her phone.

"what about, chinese food?" christian suggested, sending a knowing look to daniel and ophelia.

"i'm good with chinese food." ophelia nodded, standing up and stretching. the loose crop top she wore rose as she lifted her arms, showing more of her abdominals.

"i am too." daniel agreed, standing up as well.

"alright then, i'll just order—" christian started.

"i'm not." maya interrupted. "i want mexican."

"what if we have mexican tomorrow," ophelia suggested. "it feels like a chinese food kind of night. in my opinion."

maya stood up, "no. we're having mexican."

"you can't force that onto all of us. we're adults if we don't want mexican food we don't have to have it." ophelia calmly said, raising an eyebrow.

"i don't care if you're an adult. i'm your guest so you should treat me and follow along with what i say." maya argued, her voice getting louder as she spoke. she crossed her arms and glared at ophelia.

"i'm a guest just as much as you are, maya. i don't have to do jack shit. this isn't your house, this isn't my house, this is daniel and christians home. you're not the queen of fucking england, you don't get special treatment." ophelia calmly said, pushing her hands into the pockets of her sweatpants.

"what if we just get both—" daniel started but maya interrupted him.

"what the fuck is up your ass?" she exclaimed.

"what's up my ass? your the one trying to argue with me over something as simple as food," ophelia laughed, shaking her head. "and don't interrupt people maya. it's rude and you're an adult. not a child."

ophelia moved away from the group and walked toward the kitchen. she pulled the hair tie out of her hair, making her messy bun fall apart and her hair fall on her shoulders.

"we're getting both. maya can have whatever she wants from a mexican restaurant and the rest of us will have chinese food." daniel stated firmly, following behind ophelia.

"sounds good to me, i'll go order the food." christian nodded, giving his attention to to his phone.

"i want chinese food now," maya suddenly said. both ophelia and daniel dropped their phones on the counter at the same time, an annoyed look on ophelia's face while a shocked one was on daniel.

"i don't fucking get it," ophelia laughed. she looked at daniel as she spoke, shaking her head.

"me either." daniel shook his head as well, pulling ophelia into him. she stepped her feet on top of his, wrapping her arms around his torso. the pair looked at one another, sending each other looks saying not to laugh due to the inside joke that have that the situation reminds them of.

"what don't you get?" maya asked, obviously watching the couples exchange.

"i don't understand," ophelia whispered to daniel. daniel whispered the same thing in return before covering ophelia's mouth with his hand, knowing good and well that if she laughs he'll laugh. ophelia did the same to the taller boy for the exact same reason.

"what? what are you two talking about," maya continued to question. christian turned to maya, putting his arm around her shoulder and pulling her back toward his room with him.

"it's an inside joke they have, m, you wouldn't understand it even if they tried to explain it to you." christian said quietly, moving the phone away from his ear.

maya relaxed beneath christian's touch. "do you know about it too?" she asked, looking up at the brunette. christian nodded as he continued to order. maya looked straight ahead and rolled her eyes. "oh."

about twenty minutes later, the group was sitting in the living room, maya having purposefully put herself the furthest away from ophelia, with their individual food looking at the tv.

"what are we watching?" christian asked, pointing the remote to the tv.

"marvel." maya immediately said before shoving food into her mouth.

"i'm good with marvel," ophelia nodded in agreement.

"i am too." daniel nodded as well.

"great, now what movie?" christian asked as he opened disney+.

"age of ultron." daniel and ophelia said at once, blindly high fiving each other as they put food in their mouths at the same time.

maya shook her head and loudly said, "nope. i want to watch spiderman." ophelia and daniel began to giggle quietly.

they turned to each other and daniel lowly said, "top of the morning to ya darling." he spoke in his best british accent. ophelia leaned her forehead against daniel's shoulder to contain herself while daniel bit his bottom lip for the same reason.

"what? what does that mean?" maya quickly wondered, obviously getting frustrated again. christian turned to maya and put his hand on her knee.

"it's just another inside joke," christian briefly explained. "we'll just watch spiderman after age of ultron, okay?"

maya rolled her eyes but nodded. "fine."

°~(⛓🖇)~°