12. 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬

°~(⛓🖇)~°

°~(⛓🖇)~°

°DECEMBER 20, 2020
        los angeles, calif.°

sitting together on the couch, christian, daniel, and ophelia were discussing their plan to get their christmas decorations. currently, said decorations were in the storage unit that was bought when the seavey brothers had moved into their home.

seeing as there are only five days until christmas, ophelia brought up the fact that they still needed to put up their decorations that she knew for a fact that they still had from the previous year.

"i don't know what you boys think this is, but there is no way that i'm allowing you're house to stay decoration-less," ophelia shrugged. daniel and christian chuckled at the girls comedic yet serious declaration.

"the fact that i knew this conversation was coming and am still slightly shocked just shows how unpredictable you are, babe." daniel shook his head with a smile, picking up his cup and taking a sip of his drink. ophelia smiled, feeling good about daniel's statement.

"so we, obviously, need to go pick up the decorations from the storage unit," christian started. daniel and ophelia both nodded in agreement. "so who's car are we taking?"

"i don't feel like driving," ophelia immediately said with the shake of her head.

"we can take my-" before daniel could continue his offer, maya quickly walked into the room from the hallway and entered herself into the conversation.

"you guys aren't planning on leaving me here are you?" she asked with a smile. maya's smile was held as she looked at the seavey brother's, but when her eyes landed on ophelia, her smile dropped a bit. she rolled her eyes at the strawberry blonde girl before turning back the the boys with a mew smile.

though, ophelia was completely unaware of maya's reaction to seeing her. she was too fixated on adjusting her position, so she was now sitting with her head on daniel's shoulder, and how she played with her boyfriend's hands.

christian stood up and made his way to maya. "no no, of course not. i was going to come get you soon so we all could leave," he said honestly. he put both hands on her shoulders and caressed them with his thumbs.

maya's unnoticeably tense body relaxed, "oh, okay."

minutes later, the four young adults were in daniel's tesla. daniel was driving with ophelia in the passenger seat beside him, and christian and maya sat in the backseats. specifically, with maya behind daniel and christian behind ophelia.

a couple minutes of being in the car went by, and the group was almost completely silent as daniel turned the car out of the neighborhood. both daniel and ophelia were uncomfortable with how empty the car felt, even with the two in the backseat talking quietly to each other. so, daniel handed ophelia the aux cord.

ophelia opened spotify on her phone, and began to scroll through her music library. she didn't know exactly what to play, although she had an idea.

"hey maya, who's your favorite artist?" ophelia suddenly asked, turning her head to look at maya.

maya's almost immediate reaction was the shocked yet annoyed expression on her face. she didn't expect ophelia to be so willing to speak to her but either way, she didn't enjoy it.

"i don't have one," maya dismissed.

"okay well, i've really been getting into this one band called chase atlantic recently," ophelia stated with a smile. "so i'll play their music." christian turned to maya with a smile growing on his face after hearing who's music ophelia was going to play.

and as he opened his mouth to say something, maya, who didn't notice christian turn to her, beat him to the punch. but not in way that christian expected.

"no," maya protested, "i hate their songs."

christian's face turned to confusion, "but you-"

maya quickly placed her hand over christian's mouth before his sentence could go any further. she shook her head at him, the man raised an eyebrow before shrugging and moving on. when christian pulled out his phone and gave it his attention, maya took her hand off of his mouth and looked out the window.

ophelia turned away from the couple to look at daniel at the same time that daniel turned away from the road to look at ophelia. the duo briefly stared at each other in the awkward silence before ophelia turned her attention back to her phone and daniel turned back to the road.

"i'll just play the radio then," ophelia said quietly.

°~(⛓🖇)~°

it's short ik but i can assure u the next chapter will be longer