Captured (Draco)

As painful as it was to see the lack of recognition in her eyes, I knew in my heart that it was the right choice. She didn't have to worry about me anymore. I may have felt worse than ever, but she didn't have to hurt. She no longer sulked about the castle, and once again seemed happy. She was free from me and all the weight I bore. Christmas break came quickly, and with it, a sweet reprieve from having to face my unrequited love and faults every day. I could sleep a bit easier, knowing she was safe with her family, and that nothing could hurt her now.

Or so I believed.

A week into our break, I woke to my aunt's cruel smile right in front of my face. "Bellatrix? What are you-"

I was cut off by my own horror as I saw Natalie next to her, looking scared and confused as her gaze darted between the two of us. "Natalie?" I asked, breathless.

"So you do know her," Bellatrix crooned. "You should learn to keep your shields up when you're sleeping. Your mind was almost too easy to break into. You should have paid more attention to my lessons this summer."

"She doesn't even know my name. Just let her go," I begged, avoiding eye contact.

"No," she demanded, reaching out to grab my hand. I shouted as the spinning feeling of apparition scattered my thoughts. We landed in the meeting room of Malfoy Manor, only a floor below where I had been sleeping moments before. Bellatrix threw Natalie on the floor, cackling as the back of her head cracked against the marble. Her eyes rolled back in her head as she went limp. I pulled my wand out and surged towards my aunt before two pairs of hands clasped my body and tanked me back. My wand was yanked out of my hand and thrown across the room. I turned my head to see my father and Fenrir holding me back. "Let me go," I yelled between clenched teeth.

"Oh, Draco," Bellatrix said, looking at Natalie's fluttering eyes. "Don't be so dramatic, the show's about to begin.