•19|🔥

Maxim

"Never! Never again!" I cursed loudly, ignoring the shocked stares the students were throwing at me, holding my binders so close to my chest you'd think we'd merged and had become one." No matter what happens I'll never do it again."

I didn't mean to. I mean I wanted to but I didn't think it was going to escalate that quickly. You might be wondering what's got me riled up aside from our usual dose of little Miss I'm not stalking you but somehow I'm always around you.

Even though she'd been creeping into my thoughts more often than usual these days.

I was teaching a class almost an hour ago and the ship was sailing smoothly until I started feeling humid. I thought it was something I could handle, but as usual, I'd offended mother nature again without even realizing it. Not being able to bear the heat anymore, I popped open a few buttons on my shirt and that's when the unthinkable happened; it broke. Not one, not two but literally almost half of the buttons on my shirt. I'd hoped it would go unnoticed but no, nothing ever gets past the eyes of the highly hormonal bunch of female teenagers I was lecturing. Everything I'd said after that was a complete blur and I dashed out of the class immediately the bell went off because they all wanted to get a view of my six-pack abs.

With a great amount of handsomeness, comes a greater amount of problems.  I muttered wistfully, a smirk grazing my lips.

"Hey, Penny..." I drawled cheerily, the door giving a tiny thud as I slammed it shut. At least, she'd cheer me up." Where... You!"

"Heyyyyyy." She drawled, obviously enjoying the scowl that had appeared on my face." Good afternoon sir, how was your day? Do you need anything? Coffee, tea?..."

"What are you doing here?" I marched towards her, my folders and binders roughly strewn at the entrance of my office. I stared her down, towering over her. She was really short." Where's Penny?"

"She resigned." She beamed, her teeth sparkling white under the dim ambiance of the room." And guess what?"

"Oh God no." I gasped, the brunt of the news hitting me square in the chest." It's not..."

"She handled all responsibilities to me!"

"Wow." I gasped, pinching the bridge of my nose. I peeked at her through the rim of my glasses, a thousand emotions running through my mind. I didn't know what to make of it. She'd been running through my mind a lot but actually having her around would definitely be a pain in the ass." I'm officially screwed."

"Did you just figure that out?" She pranced out of my reach and propped herself up on my desk. A smirk crossed her lips as she leaned backward balancing get bodyweight on both hands. "You're slower than I thought."

"How did you do it?" I blurted out, without even realizing it." Did you kill her?"

"What?!" She nearly tumbled over, just barely catching herself and sitting properly. Her face mirrored a quizzical expression. I guess the question threw even her off balance" Why would you even say that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, looking her in the eye." You're a stubborn ass psychopath who doesn't know when to stop. And I figured you'd do everything in your power to get what you want."

"Wow." She let out. She looked shocked, amused, and impressed all at once." I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"Why are you doing this?" I heaved, completely forgetting about my damaged shirt." Why?"

"Why what?" She repeated." Why am I doing what?"

"This." I gestured wildly, my arms and fingers making weird shapes and symbols in the air." You claim you hate me and my guts and want nothing to do with me, but somehow you're always close to me. If I'm here, you're here too and vice versa."