Amidst The Moonlight

Chapter 6: Amidts The Moonlight

The Sound of branches breaking underneath one's feet were heard, along with some small chit chat from here and there. The sun was hiding amongst the clouds, but it kept on shining with ease.

The students have divided themselves into separate groups, others were fixing their tents, some were sent out to gather wood for a campfire they'd set up tonight. As for the student council members, each of them were tasked to lend a hand here and there.

"Tell me."

Boboiboy's ears perked up at the harsh tone from a student infront of him, sounds like it came from a female. He was done wih their tent, so he looked up to her, only to be met with a piercing glare that sent a chill down his spine. Confusion written all over boboiboy's face. "Tell you what exactly..?"

She rolled her eyes, "How you and your friends got in the student council.." He could also feel some gazes burning a hole on his back as well..

But before he could even answer back she decided to continue spitting out nonsense. "How can someone like you even be part of that?" She looked at him with pure disgust, her gaze hardening by the minute.

Boboiboy knew this would eventually happen. But that doesn't mean he regrets Accepting the invitation of joining the student council. He wanted that more than anything. So he stood his ground and gave the female a sweet yet forced smile, in which she was taken back.

"I should really say the same for you." His voice remained soft. Boboiboy knew that he shouldn't raise his voice in dealing these kinds of situations, if anything- I'd make things worse.

Never fight fire with fire.

She had the audacity to roll her eyes once again.

"You really have no--"

"Excuse me." Everyone turned around, only to be faced by none other than you. You squint your eyes at the girl, in which she flinched and immediately forced a sweet smile.

"Is something wrong here?" You continue. But to your dismay, no reply came out of them. Thankfully, boboiboy shook his head and smiled sheepishly, scratching his neck. "It's nothing.. they were just asking questions is all." Your eyes bore into his, seeing through his lies without wasting a second. But something felt off.. you need to discipline him. But at the same time you want to knock some sense into that student's head.

You opened your mouth, but nothing of what you expected came out. Instead, you called out the girl's name. Her so called friends scurried away and got back to work as if nothing ever happened. So she was left to nervously gaze at your dull eyes that sent shivers down her spine. Seconds pass, it felt like hours if the girl was being honest.

"I better not walk in on another scene like this. Do you hear me miss?" Your gaze moving towards the tents that were finished. She quickly muttered an apology before scrambling away.

You took a step forward, not bothering to glance at the boy behind you."Did she do anything else that is worth mentioning?"

" ..No. I could've handled that, sorry.."

"Don't worry, just get back to your duties."

•••

"They...WHAT?!" Ying and yaya were ready to throw hands once boboiboy told them what happened. Gopal was trying his hardest to calm them down.