Luke's Girlfriend

"How long have you liked him for?"

"Who?"

"Luke. y/n, you have to tell him." Ashton places his hands on your shoulders.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about."

"You and Luke both like each other. It’s kind of obvious."

"Ashton, listen to me, I don’t like him. We’re just really good friends. Plus he said he met a girl a few weeks ago."

"Fine whatever you say." he sing songs at you.

You roll your eyes and continue writing out the song you’ve been working on.

"Hey guys." you hear Luke’s voice and your head shoots up.

"Hey." you say, your eyes not focusing on him, then looking back down at your paper.

"I want to introduce you guys to someone. This is l/gf/n. That’s Ashton and that’s y/n." he smiles. You look up and see this girl standing next to him with his arm snaked around her back.

"Hi." you slightly smile, then return to your work. You begin writing as much as you feel at that moment. Ashton simply smiles at the girl, then turns to his phone. You hear Luke sigh then walk into the kitchen. She takes a seat next to Ashton and begins trying to make a conversation with him, while he obviously wants nothing to do with it.

"So you’re the bassist right?"

"Drummer." he mumbles.

"What?"

"I’m the drummer." he says in a loud, sarcastic voice, then turns his attention back to his phone. You feel your phone vibrate.

From: loser behind the drums

do you know where he met her? looks like it was at a strip club

You shake your head and start replying back.

From: y/n

idk… never seen her before in my life

He rolls his eyes after he reads the text, then gets up to go to the bathroom, or at least that’s what he excuses himself for.

"So…" you hear from where Ashton was sitting.

You don’t look up, but she continues anyway.

"You’re y/n."

"Yup." you mumble.

"I’m l/gf/n."

"I heard." you fake smile.

It’s not that you and Ash had anything particularly against this girl, it’s that for some reason you felt a pit in your stomach when you saw his arm around her like that.

"Oh, well, it’s nice to meet you."

"Yeah." you agree with her.

"So what exactly do you do?"

"What does that mean?"

"I mean like you’re touring with the boys, but you don’t really do much."

You take a second to control your breathing. Not only did she start out calling your four best friends ‘the boys,’ but she also claims you don’t do much.

"Well considering I’ve helped write about half the songs on the album, I’d say I do a considerate amount." you roll your eyes, then look down at your paper, but you’re too furious to actually write.

"Oh they’re coming out with an album?" she says, dumbfounded.

'Of course they're coming out with an album you dumb shit, did you think they were just going to perform the same songs over and over again for the rest of their lives?' you think to yourself. You take a second and try to be as nice as possible.

"Yeah, they are, I’m surprised Luke hasn’t said anything to you about it." you sigh. You wish there was a place for you to go, but since you were on the tour bus on your bed, there wasn’t much you could do.

"Hey guys." Luke says cheerfully, coming into the room.

"Hey." you sigh, finally trying to pay attention to the song.

"Whatcha doing?" he asks you, smiling, then taking a drink of water from the bottle he’s holding.

"Not much." she cuts you off before you can answer, "can we go do something?"

"Sure, here’s the keys I’ll meet you out there I have to pee." he says, not very convincingly. She smiles, unknowingly, and takes the keys and walks out the bus door. 

"What’s wrong?" he asks, sitting down on your bed next to you.

"Nothing, I’m fine." you laugh it off. You felt immediately better just because she left the room. You also feel strangely happy just because he’s sitting close to you. You always felt happier with him, but now it feels different.

"Are you sure? I haven’t talked to you in a while but you seem kinda down."

"Yeah, Luke, I’m good, trust me."

"What are you working on?" he asks, setting his hand on your leg. You feel a pit in your throat that forms the only thing between sanity and tears.

You sigh and hand him the paper.

wasting time talking on a broken line

telling you i haven’t seen your face in ages

i feel like we’re as close as strangers

"That’s good." he smiles.

"Thanks." you blush back.

"I really want to stay and help, but I have to go."

"It’s fine, we can work on it later." you smile sheepishly.

"Ok, LOVE YOU!" he shouts as he runs out the door.

"Wait, Luke, I need to tell you something!" you shout, but he’s already out the door.

Part 1 of 6