Going Home

You woke up early the next morning to find that everyone was asleep. Including Luke, who you assumed went back to his bunk with l/gf/n because he wasn't on the couch. You get into the shower and start getting ready for the day. Even after you get out of the shower, everyone is still in their bunks. You start making some toast and tea and looking through your phone. You're startled by footsteps closing in behind you and you quickly turn around and see Ashton lazily walking toward you.

"You scared the shit out of me." you sigh.

"Sorry." he shrugs, walking over to you and resting his head on your shoulder, seeing as he was still very tired.

"Want some toast?" you ask, softly.

He nods his head and rubs his nose into your neck. You start spreading vegemite on a piece of toast that you already made and hand it to him.

"Thanks." he says, shoving half of the piece in his mouth. He walks over to the couch and sits down. You saunter over after putting nutella on the other piece of toast and lay down with your head on his lap, watching reruns of Friends. Ashton picks up a piece of your hair and begins trying to braid it like you had taught him. You laugh at the messiness of it, but it's honestly not that bad. Suddenly, you hear the door slam shut. You both shoot up and look to see if someone had broken in. Instead, you see nothing. You get up and open the door to see that you've stopped at a gas station. You grab the closest sweatshirt you see and slip it on before taking a step outside. You walk around to try and find whoever had left. You walk into the adjoining food area of the gas station and walk in. You see Luke standing there, in line with a bottle of Jaeger and a bottle of Jack. You stand at the door, waiting for him to pay. He starts walking toward you and when he sees you, his head looks directly at his feet before he bolts out the door. You start to run after him and catch up to him just before he can open the bus door.

"Luke what the fuck?"

"Look, y/n, if you want me to talk to Ashton, I can. He's my best friend and if I tell him that you like him, he'll listen to me. I bet you he likes you back or whatever."

"What are you talking about?"

"Goddamn it don't play stupid with me. I'm so done with this."

"What the hell are you talking about, Luke?"

"You think I don't understand, well I do. And I'm done trying." he sighs, opening the door and going inside. You step inside and see the other boys standing there and you decide not to pick a fight in front of everyone. You follow him to the back of the bus and close the door behind yourself.

"Look Luke if you're mad for some reason, then tell me why."

"I'm not mad." he creepishly smiles.

"Jesus Christ, Luke, it's nine in the morning, you're already tipsy, I'm assuming you've already drank what's on the bus. Just tell me what your problem is!"

"My problem, y/n, is you. Just leave, okay?"

You look up to stop tears from rolling down your face and you open the door and run over to your bunk. You start putting all of your clothes back into your suitcase, which, luckily for you, wasn't hard because most of them were already there. You go to the bathroom and start packing up your toiletries.

"y/n what are you doing?" Ashton says to you from the couch.

"Leaving. No big deal." you say, tears now free falling down your face.

"Why are you leaving?" Michael asks, standing up.

"It's what he wants, so he'll get it." you say, sarcastically bowing towards the room you left him in.

"No don't leave we need you." Calum says, walking over to you to grab the things from your hands.

"Then call me. Whatever. I can't stand it here anymore okay? Just let me leave."

"Are you absolutely sure?" Ashton says, resting his hands on your shoulders.

"Yes." you say, looking him in the eyes, "can we drive to the airport next?"

He sighs, kissing your head and walking over to the driver to tell him where you were headed.

-

You sit in the airport terminal looking around at the people running around, trying to find their respective gates. You start looking through the pictures on your phone of random selfies and pictures of you and Luke. You feel another tear running down your face as you smile at his smiling face on your screen. You hear your boarding group get called and you lock your phone and look up. You quickly pull out the paper with the partial song on it and write.

losing you in a crowd of faces