You Don't Understand

"I just-" you start, but you're cut off by the rest of the band and l/gf/n walking up to you guys. You quickly wipe the tears from your eyes, figuring no one was paying enough attention to you to notice.

"We should go out!" l/gf/n laughs (in one of those high pitched fake laughs).

"I'm exhausted." Michael sighs.

"Yeah, me too." Calum agrees.

"I'm tired." Ashton says, looking at you.

"Yeah, me too." you shrug.

"Maybe tomorrow." Luke suggests.

She just rolls her eyes and nods. You sigh and start finding your way out of the venue. They all follow behind you out to the bus. You get into your bunk close the curtain. You hear everyone get into their bunks but you don't hear any talking. After scrolling through different apps on your phone, you realize that you haven't brushed your teeth or anything so you slowly raise yourself out of bed, also realizing that it's been two hours since you got back. You get up and walk past the couch, only to see Luke sitting there, watching old cartoon reruns.

"What are you doing up?" he asks, seeing you.

"I'm just going to brush my teeth."

"You mind if we talk for a little first?"

You shrug and sit down next to him.

"Do you like l/gf/n?" he asks out of the blue.

"I mean I..." you try to come up with an answer.

"No, I want your opinion, honestly. Just the truth. She's sleeping in my bunk right now, she won't hear you, I just want to know."

"I mean she seems great."

"I want to break up with her."

"You what?" your breath hitches.

"I don't know, I just don't feel a spark and I honestly don't like spending time with her."

"I don't know how to help you." you sigh.

"Why? You always help me with my problems this is a girl problem and you're a girl, yeah?"

You run a hand through your hair and you let out a light breath.

"Please help me."

"I'm sorry Luke, I can't. I think you should go with however you feel. I just can't make a decision like that for you."

"I guess it's going to be like this."

"Be like what?"

"I don't know, but you've been acting really strange lately and I don't know what your problem is-"

"I don't have to sit here and take this." you cut him off, standing up and walking into the bathroom.

"No, Goddamn it." he calls after you, a bit too loud.

"You just don't get it." you say, thinking you're quiet enough for him not to hear, but he definitely hears you.

"Get what?"

You sigh and close the door to brush your teeth and wash your face. You sit on the closed toilet for a little bit, hoping that Luke wouldn't be in the living area when you got out, considering there was no other way to get back to your bunk.

After what seemed like a considerable amount of time, you get up and slowly peek your head out. You see no one, so you start tip toeing over to your bunk. Luke's head pops up out of nowhere and you jump back.

"Please just tell me what's wrong, y/n."

"You wouldn't understand."

"Oh please, enlighten me." he says, way more cocky than he's ever been before.

"Do you even understand what it's like to be in love with someone that won't ever love you back? No. You're sitting here thinking of cutting yourself out of a relationship. You don't understand the pain someone can go through. It never really shows on the outside, but the pain is eating me away. I'm done trying."

"Who is the guy? I could talk to him for you."

"You'll never understand..." you sigh, sitting in your bunk and closing the curtain, grabbing that song that you had been writing.

everyday, you feel a little bit further away

and i don't know what to say