Loving Luke

You sigh and lean your head back. You had your chance and you blew it. You knew in the bottom of your heart that you loved Luke. It wasn't that far fetched of an idea either. You had been single the entire time you were working with the boys and so was he. Until now. You had these feelings for so long and you were used to keeping all of them inside, but when you saw Luke with that girl, the pit in your stomach when you saw him got too hard to handle. You needed to tell him. But how? He was with someone now. It's not proper to tell someone you love them when they're with someone else... right? You run your hands through your hair and look down at the paper.

won't give up even though it hurts so much

every night i'm losing you

"Hey y/n." you hear Ashton coming in from the other side of the bus.

"Hey." you smile, putting the paper underneath the rest of the papers spread out on your bunk.

"What was that?" he asks.

"Nothing, just looking for another song to work on right now." you shrug.

"Wanna go out to lunch before the show?"

"It's like 2:30 I don't know if that constitutes as lunch, but sure, can we get tacos?"

-[at the show that night]-

"Wow they're actually pretty good live." she says to you as you watch on from the side of the stage.

You nod subconsciously and try to forget her ignorance and focus on Luke. You love watching him live, but it's hard to focus on him when his new girlfriend is standing right next to you.

When they finish the set, you meet them in their dressing room, which you tried to walk fast enough to so she would get lost, but to no avail. You go to give each of them a huge hug like you do after each show, but she steals Luke and kisses him and stays right next to him. You take a breath and look over at him. To you he looks miserable, but you figure you're biased in the situation. You excuse yourself to the bathroom and walk out, tears slowly coming out of your eyes. You start trying to find an empty room to hide in, but you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around and see Ashton standing there.

"Are you okay?"

"Apparently not." you sigh.

"Was I right?"

You roll your eyes then nod your head once slowly.

He walks over and hugs you tightly and you rest your head on his chest.

"I hate everything." you sigh.

"But not me right?" he laughs.

"Only if you stop making that joke." you lightly smile.

"You need to go tell him." he says, making the mood serious again.

"I can't, she's in there, how am I supposed to go in there and tell him I love him if his girlfriend is standing there?"

"You love him?"