Prologue

"Jimin, I am so sorry," Jungkook cries through the receiver of his cracked phone, unable to tell if the stinging of his eyes is due to the rain or his own emotions

It wasn't supposed to be like this, not at all. Everything the raven did, he did with everyone's best interest at heart. So why is it that it's doing nothing more than tear him and the one he loves apart?

If it were up to him, Jungkook would take away and shoulder every negative emotion of his group members. He would make it so that none of them would ever cry. Bangtan would be all smiles, all the time.

But one can only shoulder so much burden alone.

Emotions are not to be bottled up. Rifts can't be haphazardly brought together with scotch tape. Relationships are valuable things and one should always keep those they love close.

However, Jungkook has been pushing the one he loves most away, treating him like he doesn't exist and for what? Some preconceived notion that he's doing the right thing?

So now the raven stands idle, the rain hitting him like precipitating thumbtacks as he just takes it, done feeling numb. He's been trying to cork a tsunami, but things don't work like that. Such big emotions can't be shoved into such small containers.

The raven shivers in the freezing rain as he yearns for another's warmth, scared that he will not come, for every time the blond was willing and able, Jungkook pushed him away.

And now he is all alone.