Chapter 4: Hiding

Jungkook

Jungkook

Heart pounding and arms pumping, I run through the building, weaving between staff members as I try to get away. I dropped Jimin. And it was during "No More Dream" no less. There is something wrong with me, something terribly wrong.

This has got to stop. These feelings, I need to cut them out of me

Once I'm a while away, I slip outside and stand out on the balcony, the wind blowing through my hair as my tears continue to stain my cheeks.

It's hard to piece together when these feelings first started to have feelings for my older member. I think they've been growing from the beginning when we would tease each other. Jimin would jokingly say he wanted to date me and talk about how much he liked me and it never disgusted me, but I found myself pushing him away, not wanting to be teased in such a way.

Because I've had some sort of feelings for him the whole time.

These feelings grew the entire time until they got to a point where I could no longer deny them. The dreams got too frequent, the desire to touch and be touched too strong to ignore. Even having my thigh brush against his while sitting on the couch is enough to electrify me. Skinship used to be something that made me feel anxious, but over the years, I've sought it out, even going as far as climbing into Jimin's bed to sleep with him.

Arms wrap around my middle as my grip on the railing tightens, but a familiar scent lulls me into relaxation, the blond resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Why are you crying, Koo?" Jimin asks, his chest colliding with my back as he hugs me tighter. "I'm okay."

"You hit your head." I swallow. I hope he can't hear my heart beating.

He draws circles into my sides. "It wasn't your fault. I actually... I hesitated. Something in your eyes looked troubled, but you were pushing it away. It's like you're dealing with some dirty secret, unable to let us shoulder it with you. And I don't know why I did it, but I hesitated, and that's why you dropped me. It wasn't your fault. I still trust you to catch me."

"Really?" I turn around, looking into his eyes. The fact that he can tell I'm hiding something is terrifying, but I would expect no less from him.

Jimin's hands move up to cup my face. "Stay after and practice with me tomorrow night, Jungkookie. Can you do that for me?"

Can you do that for me?

Against my better judgement, I nod, making Jimin's smile finally make its reappearance.