Chapter 6: Rain

Jungkook

Jungkook

Broken, I stare at the door. This can't be happening. Jimin really ran off. He's mad at me and I have no idea exactly where he is. The dorms are a twenty minute walk from the studio. What if he gets hurt?

I grab my own belongings and trip out after the blond. Where he is by now, I have no idea, but I need to get to him and apologize.

It gets colder the longer I'm outside and I hug myself. I pass restaurants where couples happily converse and I feel empty. Imagining Jimin and me doing things like that is wrong, but I do it anyway.

Movies, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and ice skating. Disney World, traveling, boat rides, watching the stars. There are so many things I want to do with him.

As I cry, I feel a drop of wetness fall on my shoulder and look up, rain coming down harder as the sky weeps with me. Our sorrow is loud, yet secret. Nobody knows why we're like this.

The temperature drops like my mood and I take cover. I have no idea where I am, so I pull out my phone with shaking hands and call Jimin.

"Jimin, I am so sorry." I sob as soon as he picks up.

"Don't call me," he responds curtly.

I start hyperventilating and I clench my eyes shut. "Jimin, I need you."

"What? So you only need me when you're desperate? Are you going to go right back to ghosting me when we live together?"

"L-Love you," I choke out. "I love you."

Jimin pauses and my frame continues to shake as I cry.

"I-I can't believe I just said that. I'm sorry. Just forget it. I'll call Namj—"

"Tell me where you are and I'll come get you."