Chapter 3

♠♠♠

♠♠♠

The group were now in divination class, Ron and Harry were sat together, Lizzy and Caleb sat beside them while Y/N and Aidan sat behind. "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. If you possess the Sight.." the female professor with curly long hair who wore ginormous glasses rambled as she stood up from the table, stumbling into it. She then paced around the classroom in front of the students.

"Hello, I am Professor Trelwaney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner eye." she continued in a poetic but breathless rhythm.

Y/N amused as she watched Caleb slowly drooling off to sleep, softly snickering as she watched the dark-skinned boy's eyes opening and closing repeatedly, his head slowly dropping off then picking himself back up again.

"You! Boy!" Professor Trelwaney abruptly called out as she pointed at Neville, Caleb jumped at the tone instantly awoken. Y/N and Aidan snickered amusingly, "Seems like someone had an eventful night." she whispered teasingly, Aidan nodded, agreeing with the girl.

"Is your grandmother well?" Professor Trelwaney questioned as she approached his table, Neville adjusted his seat uneasy, "I-I think so." he replied nervously. "Give me the cup!" Professor Trelwaney ordered, she looked into the black teacup and shook her head, "Oh no.." she murmured, placing the cup back down as she patted Neville's shoulder and walked away.

"What? What?" Neville cried out to Dean as he looked into the teacup. "Broaden your minds.." Professor Trelwaney uttered. Y/N watched as Professor Trelwaney slowly approached Harry and Ron's table, her eyebrows started to furrow together in confusion as she glanced at the bushy-haired girl sitting on the same table with them, she nudged Aidan who was focused on his teacup.

"When was Granger here?" she questioned, eyes glued to the bushy-haired girl. Aidan glanced over to the table and shrugged, "Dunno." he murmured.

Professor Trelwaney let out a sharp gasp as she stared at Ron, the red-haired boy startled from the Professor's reaction, "Your Aura is strong, are you in the beyond? I think you are." Professor Trelwaney questioned. Ron gulped and nodded his head, "Sure." he muttered breathlessly. "What's in the cup? Tell me what you see!" Professor Trelwaney ordered eagerly.

"Yeah.." Ron mumbled as he looked into the cup and turned to the book on the table and flipped it rapidly, "He's got a wonky sort of cross... that's trials and suffering." he told as he continued to flip the pages of his book. "But this lot here could be the sun....that's great happiness." he continued, he glanced over to Professor Trelwaney in front of him, "So... he's going to suffer but be very happy about it." he concluded.

Harry grinned at Ron, Y/N let out a soft chuckle as she watched the interaction in front of her. "Give me the cup." Professor Trelwaney requested, Ron handed the cup to her. "Ahh!" Professor Trelwaney shrieked as she instantly slammed the cup back onto the table. the students startled at the sudden movement.