Chapter 21

♠♠♠

♠♠♠

Y/N, Harry and Hermione made their way down to the pumpkin patch as they ducked their heads down and passed by Buckbeak who was feasting on a ferret, not noticing the three's presence. They hid themselves behind a large pumpkin as they peered their heads up, trying to spy into the hut.

Sounds of faint footsteps emerged, catching the three's attention as they turned to the slope, Dumbledore, Fudge and the Executioner making their way down while a cloud of crows surrounded them.

"Here they come." Harry told as they eyed Fudge and the others approaching the hut. "We better hurry." The Ravenclaw stated as she prepared to rush towards Buckbeak before being stopped by the bushy-haired girl.

"No. Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free." thebudhy-haired girl pointed out as Y/N and Harry nodded in response. They continued to hide behind the pumpkin as they spied into the hut.

Y/N felt an anger boil inside of her, her jaw and fist clenched together while her eyes narrowed as she stared into the hut, watching Hagrid return Scabbers to Ron. "That's Pettigrew." she snarled. The raven-haired boy was in the same angry state as the girl as he stared into the hut, "We'd better do something about hi-"

"No! You can't!" Hermione scolded as she tugged Harry back, stopping him from acting out from emotion. Harry shot the busy-haired girl an irritated glare, "Hermione, that's the man who betrayed my parents! You don't expect me to just sit her-"

"Yes! You must." Hermione interjected sternly as she dragged Harry over to another side of the pumpkin patch, Y/N followed behind. "Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut right now. If you go bursting inside, you'll think you've got mad. Awful things can happen when wizards meddle with time. We can't be seen." she stated as the Ravenclaw hummed in agreement.

"No, Mione's right, Har. Dumbledore said, there'll be consequences if we get caught. Bad consequences." she told as Harry hesitantly nodded. The bushy-haired girl sent the Ravenclaw a thankful smile as she returned the gesture and nodded.

Hermione poked her head out slightly and frowned as she glanced into the hut, "Fudge is coming and...we're not leaving? Why aren't we leaving?" she murmured as she glanced over to the ground next to her, noticing a jagged star-shaped stone.

Instantly, she grabbed it and hurled it through the open window. Smash! the sound of a glass jar shattering is heard within the hut but no one moved to leave. Y/N and Harry eyes widened as they glanced to the bushy-haired girl, "Are you mad?" Y/N retorted but the bushy-haired girl was left unbothered.

She took another stone off the ground and hurled it through the window, Conk! the stone bounced back off of Y/N's head. Instantly, the girl reached her hand up to the back of her head and rubbed it, "That hurt." she scoffed as the bushy-haired girl sent her an apologetic look, "Sorry."