2 | Good Morning, Becky

After what felt to Maia like an endless chat, she checked her phone.

"Oh poop, it's late," she said, biting her lip.
"Are you still hungry? I'm sorry."

"Oh poop?" Mali laughed.
"And yeah, I'm still hungry. It's ok. It was my fault too." She let out a small giggle.

"Here, I'll give you the pizza shop's number." Maia then recited the number she'd given to so many confused people.

Well, she thought she gave Mali-Koa the number for the pizza shop down the road.

"Oh, look. My brother got it on the way home. Thanks for giving me the number, though. I'll use it next time."

"Ok. See ya. Enjoy the pizza," Maia said, and heard a deep voice in the background say,
"Holy shit Mali! This pizza smells like heaven!" Maia and Mali chuckled at the same time.

"Have a good sleep," Mali said.

"You too," replied Maia with a yawn. She was vaguely aware that this may be the last time they talked, as well as the first.

With that, she hung up, and grinned down at her home phone.

+*+

Maia looked in the mirror and smiled at what she saw. She knew she was pretty, and she got complimented often. Sometimes she got the odd blemish or pimple, but she didn't really care, infact she hardly ever covered it up.

Maia loved her face. She loved all her freckles, and she loved her eyes. They may have been the colour of poop, but there were so many other tones to her irises and anyone could get lost in their beauty. The difference between Maia and other girls, was that she wasn't insecure. She loved everything about her body, she loved the fact that she didn't have a thigh gap, she loved that she had a dimple in a terrible spot when she smiled. She loved the way that she looked like she was constipated when she laughed.

Because to Maia, that only meant that she was proving to insecure girls that you don't have to be perfectly thin or look good with every facial expression to be a successful model.

Maia knew she was beautiful, and that was all she needed.

She itched at her nose - Maia absolutely hated allergies - then headed into her small kitchen to have some breakfast.

Maia was scrolling through Instagram like it was the newspaper.

She looked up, at one point, and her nostrils were filled with the smell of burning toast.

Maia slammed her fist into the bench and walked over to inspect the damage.

It was too late, the toast was scorched.

"R.I.P toast," Maia whispered with a frown as she threw it away.
"I was looking forward to eating you."

She then went for the next best option, and grabbed some weetbix from her cupboard.

"Good old weetbix," Maia muttered to herself.
"they taste like air unless you add sugar."

When Maia was halfway through eating them, they became too soggy for her to consume.

Immediately, the phrase 'Never Eat Soggy Weetbix' popped into her head and she recounted using it to remember the order of a compass as a child.

At that moment, her dog, Ralph, trotted in on his short, stumpy legs. He was very fat for a Daschund, Maia thought as she threw her weetbix into his bowl, along with his dog food.

I wonder why.
+*+
As she drove to work, she was thinking about which manager she would have today. She sincerely hoped it was Katrina, and not Becky. In Maia's eyes, Becky was kind of abusive. But, no one else seemed to notice it, so she kept her mouth shut. You see, Maia had two managers. One good, one the evil spawn of whatever-you-believe-in. It shouldn't need to be explained which one is which.

She was distracted from her thoughts when a song she loves came on, and she began to sing.

"MAMAAAA, JUST KI-"

But then, Maia broke off into a deadly silence as she pulled into the parking lot.

Standing on the footpath in front of the building, was a tall woman with fiery, bright red hair, arms crossed in front of her and a stern expression on her face.

Maia parked and slowly got out of her car, walking over to where the woman was standing.

"Hurry up, you're late. Get inside."
The woman spat.

Maia smiled politely at her.

"Good morning, Becky."

ATYYYYYYEEEEEEE. sorry this is so short :) see y'all

- Taco O.o