4 | Karate Class

"This is because of you! Do you see these fucking scars? I thought I was worthless because of you."

Maia answered her phone hesitantly as Becky kept her hand outstretched in a fist, just inches from her face.

"Mali-Koa, may I just say, before you tell me anything, that this phone call could not have been at a better time."

"Oh shit, sorry Maia. I was actually going to order pizza but I guess you gave me the wrong number," she giggled. "And why was this call so 'perfectly timed' as you said?"

'Ah, yes. You see, I'm backed up against a wall in a mermaid costume and my manager was just about to punch me in the face after having slapped me four times.'

Surely that wouldn't ring some loud alarm bells for Mali.

"I, uh.. I.. I'll explain later. Hang on." The corner's of Maia's mouth quirked up slightly as she rested her phone on her shoulder.

She beamed.

"I quit! I fucking quit! I'm going to find a new manager and they won't break like 6 laws in the space of 30 seconds. Do you hear me, Becky? I quit, and I'm gonna sue you because I'm fucking loaded right now."

Becky's mouth dropped and her fist fell away from Maia's face.

Maia walked away like a damn boss, mermaid costume and all.

~*~

Maia's speech to Becky had quite vividly reminded her of her graduation speech.

Instead of a happy, sappy, and/or humorous speech, she just went up to the microphone and said everything she's wanted to say to the people she spent 5 years with trapped inside Satan's asshole.

"Hey guys. Guess what? I'm not even sad that I'm leaving this stupid place. You know why? Because of you. You made this place worse than a living hell for me. You made my own twisted thoughts seem better than this place, and I hate you all for that."

Maia lifted back the sleeve of her stupid graduation dress thingy, showing everyone her bared, scarred wrist.

"This is because of you! Do you see these fucking scars? I thought I was worthless because of you."

She glared at each and every person in the room.

"So, have you learned something? Have you learned that you're all stupid shitfaces? Because I learned something. I learned this: fuck you all. Fuck everything you're associated with, fuck all your friends, and fuck your first crushes. Fuck you all. I'm beautiful and I'm loved and I'm worth it.

"I used to think that what you thought mattered. I actually, legitimately tried to change myself for you, and none of you even cared. I used to think that you people played an actual role in my life.

"I used to think that pain and love were two seperate things, but I also thought that screams were louder than silence."

Maia flipped off the crowd, pushed over the microphone stand and kicked the speaker before walking offstage, never to see those people again.

~*~

Maia suddenly woke to her watch quietly beeping it's set alarm.

"Shit!" Maia yelled as she checked the time.

She was going to be late.

Checking her surroundings, she saw an unfamiliar room and felt a cold leather couch beneath her.

She jumped as someone sat up beside her, but relaxed when she saw Mali-Koa.

Not only had she been able to put a face to a name, but she had also seen Mali's house and met her parents and famous brother.

In fact, when she had arrived, he'd introduced himself and said,

"You look like that pretty girl who always ends up falling in love with me in the classic fanfiction."

Maia was most definitely touched by that, while Mali had simply rolled her eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Mali asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, of course, but I just- I'm gonna be late. I have to go."

Maia stood up, changing out of Mali's comfy pyjamas quickly and giving her a hug, before racing to the door.

Before she ran out the door, Mali shouted,

"What are you even late for?"

"Karate class!"

~*~

hay ma homies

ok so this is probably really bad

bye bbys

-taco