3 | Saved By the Phone

Becky.

Becky, Becky, Becky.

"Is there a toilet here? I really need to go.." Maia asked politely.

"I wouldn't know. If you had some sense you'd realise that I've never been here before either, stupid."

Maia had literally no idea whether she was having a good or bad day.

"Sorry."

As Maia and Becky walked into the room to meet the photographers for today, she wondered what they would make her wear.

Probably some stupid outfit that Maia disliked.

Oh well.

And, alas, it was just as Maia expected.

Seriously? Mermaid?

She muttered various obscenities under her breath.

You see, Maia had a fear of, well, the sea.

It was one of those fears that you got from watching too many freaky documentaries when you were 9.

One time, she watched two documentaries about the existence of mermaids, and has hated them since.

She certainly didn't want to dress up as one.

"Why the actual-" Maia began.

"Shut up. Stop complaining, you're not the only one who has to go through this. I have to watch them take photos of you in that stupid outfit."

Maia's mouth clasped tightly shut.

She was used to this, yes, but Maia never thought someone could be this rude.

Upon trying on the ridiculous outfit, she looked at herself in the mirror and walked out to show Becky.

As soon as she walked out, Becky took one look at her and dismissed it by saying Maia looked fat.

"Thanks." Maia replied with a smile.

"Don't backchat me, if you want to keep the money you earn."

"You can't take my money off me.."

"I'm your manager. I do what I want." {a/n i'm punk rock woo}

"Bitch," Maia muttered.

"What did you say to me?" Becky turned around, glaring.

Maia beamed. She was finally getting to stick up for herself, even if she was wearing a mermaid costume while doing so.

"I said," she paused for effect.

"Bitch."

"You little asshole, you bitch, you evil little troll!" Becky screamed.

"Actually, that is what I think when you look at me."

Maia then knew she had made a mistake.

Becky walked towards her with an evil smile on her face, hand outstretched, and, you guessed it, slapped her.

Maia's cheek stung.

Becky stretched her hand out again and slapped her once, twice, three times.

Maia backed away until her back hit the wall, she was scared.

Becky stretched her hand out for the third time, except this time it was in a fist.

Maia prepared herself for the blow, said her prayers to her family and wished hell on Becky.

Her hand swung towards her head and-

Maia's phone rung.

When she pulled it out of her pocket, it read "Mali-Koa".
---------

whoops i accidentally didn't update sorrYyyYyYuUyY.

omg. this chapter is nearly 500 words i'm proud of myself:):):):)

bye ☂☁︎♥︎☀︎♦︎

- taco O.o