Eye to Eye [Sal X Reader]

"This beer tastes like shit.", you internally mumbled to yourself, looking around before discreetly pouring it into the sink besides you. You stood within the kitchen of the slightly crowded apartment, college students talking and having fun amongst themselves. A friend of yours who knew one of college kids that lived in the apartment building had invited you to tag along, despite you being slightly younger and only having just recently graduated high school. They had told you it was just a small get together, but it was more of a medium-sized party that you had already lost your friend in.

"So much for staying by my side the whole night, but hey, can't blame them for wanting to have fun.", you thought to yourself, tossing the empty beer can into a recycling bin before beginning to walk towards the bathroom of the apartment. Once inside the bathroom, you sighed to yourself while running a hand through your hair, staring back at your reflection within the dirty mirror. You didn't actually have to use the bathroom, but you just needed a little break from all the unfamiliar faces that talked loudly among the blaring music coming from the speakers.

"Nows my chance to try and get rid of that stupid little dust speck that's been stuck in my eye half the night...", you told yourself while looking back at your reflection in the mirror, hands reaching towards your left eye. Gently, you did what was so normal and common for you to do, and removed your glass prosthetic eye from it's socket. Looking down at it within your hand, you finally saw the little grey dust culprit atop your glass eye. "Gotcha.", you whispered as you gently blew upon your eye, the particle finally going away. "Alright, that should-", your voice was cut off by the sound of the doorknob turning and door creaking open.

"I'll be back in just a sec, Ash! Let me wash my hands before-", the unfamiliar, tall, brown-haired boy stopped mid sentence when he noticed someone was in the bathroom before him. "Ah, shit! My bad, dude, I completely forgot to knock-", his eyes landed upon you, noticing your empty eye socket before glancing down at your hand, which held your prosthetic eye. His face took on a surprised, slightly startled expression.

Completely caught off guard and unsure of what to do in this situation, you gave him an a awkward half smile before shrugging, "Uh, at least I wasn't on the toilet, right?", you joked, "It's okay, my fault for forgetting to lock the door, I can-", the boy before you quickly shook his head while rubbing the back of his neck. "Nah, that was totally my bad, dude! I didn't knock, I just really needed to use the bathroom. But forget about that, I'm more interested in your eye that you're holding in your hand. Sorry if I made A face, I was just totally not expecting to see that.", he said with a laugh.

Returning the small laugh, you slowly reached your hand which held your prosthetic towards your face, "H-heh, yeah, I guess you don't see someone popping their eye back in every day, right?", you joked as you finished returning your eye to its place within the socket, blinking slowly as it adjusted.

"Oh, I do.", he remarked with a huge grin on his face, "This is so perfect, I gotta go tell him-", he softly yet excitedly mumbled to himself before glancing out the door, then back at you, "Hey, this might be a bit weird, but will you wait here for a sec? I promise it'll be worth it.", he told you.

You raised an eyebrow and were immediately a little put off by his sudden request, but hey, he was a cool looking dude around your age, who seemed excited to show or bring you something. His friendly demeanor made you feel comfortable enough to slowly nod and rub the back of your neck with a half smile, "Uh, sure? As long as this isn't some sort of weird sick joke.", you said with a laugh.

"It definitely isn't, thanks for agreeing to stick around! I'll be right back!", and with that he slammed the door to the bathroom, leaving you alone once again. "So, just wait in the bathroom for a stranger to come back and surprise you with something....definitely not how I thought I'd spend my night but, better than watching everyone else get hammered, I guess.", you told yourself as you leaned against the sink, awaiting for the return of the stranger you had just met. "What did he mean by, "I do.", when I mentioned my glass eye...?", you wondered aloud to yourself before, the door swung open once again.