Rained In Together [Larry x Reader]

"Hey, you totally cheated.", you stated while raising an eyebrow, glancing over at your brown haired friend. "I totally did, but you didn't notice until now.", he teasingly remarked back, a smug grin on his face. The two of you lay upon the floor of the treehouse, playing an old board game as heavy rain continued to pour down outside.

Turning your head to look out the small window, you saw nothing but dark grey clouds and rain droplets trickling down the glass. It would definitely be a while until the rain relented. "It's really coming down out there, huh?", Larry said as he stood up off the floor, walking over towards the window to get a better look outside.

"Yeah, it really is. Sorry again for getting us stuck up here, I swear I thought I left my math notebook in here. But of course we didn't find it, and now we're stuck in here to wait the rain out. Just our luck.", you told him while getting up as well, going towards the cozy cot in the corner to sit upon. Rubbing your hands together for warmth, you couldn't help but shiver slightly due to the cold weather from outside seeping in slightly through the not so sturdy walls of the treehouse.

From his peripheral vision, Larry noticed this. His hands reached for the old, worn curtains, closing them and leaving the two of you in nearly complete darkness. Surprised, you looked around, wondering what your best friend was up to, "Hey, whatcha doin? Better not be trying to scare me, Johnson. Don't think I won't sucker punch you.", you called out to him. Suddenly, you were met with a bright orange glow a few feet away from you. Larry was holding a lantern, setting it down on the ground before the cot.

"There you go, that should keep us warm, right? Or do I need to start a whole ass campfire?", he teased, taking a seat on the cot besides you. Sitting right besides one another, you smiled as you rested your head on his shoulder, "Nah, this will do. Thanks, Lar.". That was pretty common for you to do, after all, you and Larry were pretty close, having been friends for nearly five years now. Small little acts of intimacy weren't anything unusual to the two of you. At least, that's what you thought.

The two of you sat in silence briefly, enjoying the small but cozy amount of warmth the lantern brought. Larry decided that he would have to break the silence, wanting to talk to you about something that had been on his mind. "Hey, Y/N.", he said, you promptly replying, "Yeah, Lar?", as your eyes stared down at the orange glow of the lantern, head still rested upon his shoulder.

"...Did that guy from your chemistry class ask you out? Don't try and deny it, either. Ashley told me everything. She had a front row seat to the whole thing.", he bluntly stated, his head turning to look down at you. Lifting your head off his shoulder to look up at him, you were caught off guard at the sudden question, "H-hey, I told her not to tell you. But I guess it's not a big deal, she's just looking out for me. Yeah, he did. And I said no.", you explained to him, running a hand through your hair.

"Good.", he replied in a monotone, serious tone, his eyes now back to being fixated upon the light of the lantern instead of you. His thick eyebrows were slightly furrowed in what appeared to be a look of...annoyance? "Huh? What do you mean good?", you asked him, unsure of exactly what his deal was. "Look, I know you think I can't look out for myself, Larry, but I can. You don't have to shoo every person who approaches me away, what do you care if someone asks me out?", you told him in a tone that clearly displayed your slight frustration, "I'm not as defenseless as you think I am...", you mumbled.

He turned back to look at you, "Look, Y/N, it's not that I think you're defenseless...it's just...", he paused, breaking eye contact to look down at his hands which were clenched into fists, "...those guys only want one thing from you. They don't even know you, yet they have the balls to approach you? It's complete bullshit. They don't deserve you, Y/N. It's better off you keep rejecting them, for your own good.", he stated.