Prologue

Cressida had always been on her best behavior every time.

Never made a fuss, never grumbled about anything or anyone.

She was loved and treasured by everyone around her especially her brothers, who had basically brought her up.

She did not recollect much about her parents, as they passed away when she was just three. However, she had never yearned for parental love as her brothers' love sufficed.

The brothers, very overprotective and careful when it came to their little sister,
would never tolerate a tear on their precious one. She had them wrapped around her little finger unbeknownst to her.
Wanting to protect her innocence from the cruel world but at the same time not wanting to be controlling over her life; they didn't want her to feel caged and wanted her to have her freedom.

Cressida's brothers were very much older than she was. Even the youngest of the three was eight years older than her. Her brothers loved spoiling her, cuddling with her even though people would be appalled on learning that the Kaiser brothers, who had the emotional range of a teaspoon, were capable of displaying such tenderness.

Isaiah Kaiser, the oldest brother, was already married to Katherine Williams. It was a marriage of convenience to merge companies, further strengthening the already powerful, Kaiser Empire.

They all lived together in one overly gigantic mansion, as Isaiah would likely end his own life than than be separated from his dearest, Cressida. It was a similar case with the other two brothers as well.
However, the two younger ones had decided that marriage just meant they wouldn't be able to spend time with their sister anymore and was totally against the idea.
As Cressida had always longed for a sister, she had convinced Isaiah to marry Katherine while telling him that he would be her 'favorite brother'.

Lo and behold, Isaiah was ready to marry the next minute. He had a grin from ear to ear the whole ceremony, giving his family and colleagues a near cardiac arrest.
While the two brothers had a permanent scowl on their faces the entire day.

Cressida couldn't keep her excitement in during the whole ceremony, blabbering away to her two brothers the whole time about how excited she was to finally have a sister.

Unknown to Cressida, people attending the wedding were more interested in her than the actual event. Everyone wanted to see the girl who had the Kaiser men wrapped around her fingers. People tried to approach her in hopes of getting her favour; but two powerful glares made them cower away.

Katherine and Cressida had grown close, so much so that Isaiah felt that the marriage was a miscalculation on his part as he noticed that his sister spent more time with his wife than with them.

Katherine had accepted the fact that Isaiah would always prioritize Cressida in everything he did. She had seen the way Isaiah and his brothers adored their sister.

She wondered what would happen when they would finally have to let her go.

****