VI

The rest of the weekdays flew by without any incident. It was as peaceful as it could get.
Katherine had been by Cressida's side most of the time. The brothers had entrusted her with taking care of their sister as Cressida had shooed them away, much to her brothers' dismay, so they could attend to their work.

Sunday arrived and the Kaiser family got ready for a charity event, which Cressida was elated about since it meant spending more time with the family, even though they would be missing out on their family tradition of going out on picnics.
The older Kaisers felt it would be a waste of their energy to attend such gatherings but they were ready to do anything for their beloved.

All the big shots were to attend after hearing about their attendance. To say the least, everyone would be eyeing the two younger Kaisers for their daughters and of course Cressida was off-limits. Even the people knew not to cross that boundary.

Cressida had started dressing up early for the charity event and had woken up her brothers to do the same. If it were the maids waking them up, they would've been six feet under the ground. However, with Cressida, they had woken up within a millisecond for the fear of upsetting their dearest.
It was amusing for the servants to see a tiny girl orchestrating everything and the brothers listening to her obediently. Katherine had still not grown accustomed to this scene and it made her smile everytime.

"No, not like that Luce. You're supposed to do it this way." Cressida swats Lucien's hand away as she fixes his bowtie.

"Ow okay okay. I got it ma'am, spare this poor soul please." Lucien says as he rubs the stinging sensation on his hand.
The older two brothers silently chuckle to themselves as they expertly maneuver their own tie.

"Little one, you're supposed to-"

"Stay with you at all times. I know Izzy; you've already repeated that for like, the 100th time." She interjects with a small smile as she pats Lucien's shoulders once she was done fixing the bowtie.

After they were all done getting ready, they went downstairs to see Katherine already waiting for them.
The brothers had all unknowingly made a barrier around Cressida as they walked down. It had become their instinctive habit.
Katherine's eyes naturally catches Isaiah figure first; turning away at the speed of light on making eye contact with him.
She always felt like a giddy middle schooler with a major crush whenever she was around him.

"Ready to go?" Isaiah addresses Katherine.

To say she was shocked would be an understatement. She was basically having a major panic in her mind. Her soul felt like it had been sucked out of her and thrown back in.

"Ye-yeah." Her failure at trying to play it cool made her more flustered making Isaiah chuckle.

"Let's go boys and girl." Cressida declares as she laughs at her own statement making the 'boys and girl' smile.

***