VIII

Cressida was quite startled on seeing that she had ended up on her bed. She hardly recollected yesterday's events and only remembered her knocking out cold.

As if a realization had suddenly dawned upon her, she pushed herself out of bed, washed up at lightning speed and dashed down the stairs.

Why had no one woken me up for school? She thought.

On arriving downstairs, she witnessed Katherine and Lucien preparing breakfast and Isaiah's eyes landed on her.

"I was just coming to wake you up, little one." He gently states on seeing her standing near the stairs.

"Don't you have a holiday today?" Zagreus questions.

On hearing the question, Cressida facepalms and mentally scolds herself for her forgetfulness.

Of course! How could she forget? She was never one to forget about holidays.

"And here I was rushing down to give you all an earful for not waking me up early." Cressida comments lightheartedly.

She settled down with her brothers on the chair and began digging in as soon as breakfast was served. She was not one to skip meals and liked to remain healthy.
After breakfast, Zagreus decided to break the silence.

"Would you like to visit us to our work today, schatzi?"

Cressida immediately hopped out of her chair in excitement.

"YES YES!" She squealed. It had been a while since she visited them to their work place. Cressida was beyond excited.

She dashed upstairs to get ready while the family softly smiled at her retreating figure.
After getting ready, she went down to see her brothers already waiting for her.
Elated, she skipped out the door and towards the car.

"Hurry up! We'll be late!" She exclaims as she went out the door.

"Calm down, sweetheart." Lucien says but it fell on deaf ears.

Journey to the office was, needless to say an exciting one however, accompanied by slight jitters. Cressida leapt out of the car the moment it came to a halt which led to her being reprimanded by her brothers.

The stares she received as she entered the office made her nervous, but one withering look from Isaiah was all it took for them to get back to work. For the office workers, Cressida was an enigma. Only selected few were privy about information related to her.

"Little one, you can explore the place if you want or do you want to come to our office?" Isaiah asks softly.

"Can we explore together? It's been a while since I've been here." She replies as she looks around her.

"Anything you want, schatzi."

****