Irrepressable

It's late at night, every light is shut down in the house soft snores coming from the room of my parents

It's late at night, every light is shut down in the house soft snores coming from the room of my parents. I look at Lucy who's laying beside me in my bed her eyes closed as she presses her favorite doll tight to her chest.

She came in an hour ago crying because she had a nightmare of me leaving. Yeah that's my nightmare as well but as far as I know I didn't wake up yet. The results are coming in next week but my mother claims to already know that the royal family picked me to be a debutant at their whole circus.

Officially the applicants are picked by chance but everyone knows that's not true. The royal family goes through the pictures and the information choosing wisely most of the time some of the second class get picked. They're called the nobilities and from the Do'ers there are probably going ot be two girl's picked.

And it's rare that they're staying at the palace for a long time. That's why I don't understand how my mom has her hopes up so high we have really beautiful girls in our district.

I shoot a last look at Lucy before I swing my legs out of bed which are still clad in my jeans. Even though I'm pretty tired and my eyes are going to fall shut at any seconds it's the time of the day I love the most. I put the packed up apple pie my mom always does on important occasion in my tote bag and open the window as quiet as I can.

It still creaks but luckily Lucy doesn't move as she's stuck in her deep slumber. I swing my legs over the windowsill, my bag attached to me tightly before I take a deep breath and drop down onto the grass. My feet make a  quiet sound as they land and I shoot an alarmed look towards our small house. It's still laying quiet in the dark and to my relieve no one woke up.

I put a book on the windowsill to prevent it from shutting so when I come back I can sneak in again. The most stressfull part is over for this night and I make my way though the streets of Arendelle. Every house is shut and there's barely maybe just one light turned on in some houses.

The people come to rest at night it's beautiful. There are no worries if they have enough food or if they need to do extra jobs again to pay this months rents. Even if it's a stressfull life full of risks the people find enough happiness in some things to keep going.

But I know it's not going to be holding up this good for long. My dad and Parker are talking sometimes. The door to his atelier is always leaned open and I became a master at  eavesdropping on their conversation. They talked about how some people don't want to take this bullshit anymore and planning on forming a group to go against it.

It doesn't sound very good to me but I can understand the motive behind it. My eyes catch on one as soon as I round the corner to step into a dark alley. Two kids are sitting on the concrete holding onto each other to get some warmth to their small bodies.

I stop walking and stare at them making them gasp and look up at me. There hair is greasy and filthy from the dirt on the streets. They're dressed in rags holes all over them. I bite my lip in conflict even though I already know what I'm going to do.