Traitor

The Italians left the day they arrived

The Italians left the day they arrived. I didn't see Tarver since then but I know he's wandering around the palace and it's making me furious.

He must've at least planned this when I was still home but he didn't tell me one bit. Maybe he feels my anger on him and that's why he's avoiding me on purpose. How long was he here for without telling me?

To make it better I didn't see Marleen again and her maids said that she got the flu and I couldn't visit her. Which meant that I had to go through the live show they did on Sunday alone.
Hailey and Jenna were by my side but it was still something different.

To my luck I didn't say anything stupid in front of the camera even though the host was kinda intrusive.

I hoped that Marleen would be back on Monday morning at breakfast but she wasn't. I'm currently trying to catch Timothée's gaze who has his eyes trained on his food since the beginning of breakfast.

The king and queen are quiet as well while the soft chatter of the girls around the table is heard. I let out an exhausted sigh and swipe my hands over my face to make the muscles relax.

The first girl left on Sunday but as bad as it sounds I didn't know her. I barely talk to the other girls and I think it's a bit drastic that the first girl had to leave.

I heard that Timothée had a date with a girl named Sophia and Celeste always has that smug smile on her face making me think that she's doing much more than just dates with Timothée.

We've been held like pigs to his highness liking and it's making me sick to my stomach.
"Hey whats wrong? You barely touched your food?" Jenna speaks up beside me and I look at her.

"I still haven't heard from Marleen and I'm starting to worry. You don't think they packed her up and send her back home?" I ask making Jenna furrow her brows.

"Why should they? If her maids are telling us she has the flu than that should be it." She shrugs her shoulders and I nod even though I don't think that. If she has the flu Why can't I visit her?

A servant walks into the room and over to the king whispering something in his ear once he reaches him.
The kings movement halters for a second before he nods and I look over to Timothée who's face is cold and not moving while he reciprocates my gaze.

I have to gulp hardly when I escape his gaze and meet Celeste's eyes instead.
There's a fire in them that worries me even more and the only thing heard is the scraping of the kings chair as he stands up his dark voice speaking up.

"I order all debutants to collect in the garden a speech will further explain the circumstances." He says shortly before he rushes out of the room making Timothée jump up and follow him.

Slowly the girls stand up and I see them share confused looks. The queen stands up and motions for us to follow her.
I try to search for Hailey in the crowd maybe she knows what's going on.
After a minute I see her dark blue dress and rush over to her.