Silk and Silence

"Kat!" Marleen calls out my name excitedly as I step into the gigantic ball room

"Kat!" Marleen calls out my name excitedly as I step into the gigantic ball room. The floor is made out of a creme marble in the same color the walls are painted in. Gold ornaments decorate the wallpapers and the warm light of the expensive looking chandelier make sparks reflect on the walls. I stop walking for a second to take all the soft colors in that harmonize in a beautiful way.

They put up long tables with white tablecloths on it. They're filled with various kind of foods and I'm sure I don't know the names of half of it. A few colorful couches are standing in the room filled with beautiful girls dressed in extravagant dresses. I look down at myself for a second realizing that I look nothing compared to them.

They all have bright colored dresses embroidered with million of small rubys, saphires or diamonds. "Wow you look beautiful." Marleen speaks up once she's close to me. She pulls me in for a hug and my eyes widen surprised at her straight forwardness. Once she lets go of me I smile and take in her stunning looks.

They dressed her in a pink tight dress that flares at her calves rosy pearls embroided on the end. Hear ears wear the same pearls and her neck is decorated with them as well. Her dark hair lays in soft waves around her face and the pink lipstick on her lips makes her blue eyes pop.

"You look stunning Marleen." I breathe out genuinely flashed. She giggles and does a 360. "I know right I never had so fancy clothes and I was delighted when I found out we could keep them." She says smiling making my brows raise.

"We get to keep the dresses? All of them?" I say surprised because it must cost them a fortune. I don't even know where I would wear these type of clothes. I could wear one at my brothers wedding but that's it. I would probably be the only one overdressed there.

"Of course didn't your maids tell you?" She asks me surprised and I shake my head no because they didn't. My eyes move to the other girls to see their eyes sceptically turned towards us. A blonde long legged woman catches my eyes. She's dressed in a tight red dress making her cleavage look pretty good.

Big red ruby's dangle on gold earrings and her lips are painted in an intense red as well. Marleen turns around at my lack of attention and she scoffs. "They act like we're a disaease and not normal people. The blonde one? Her names Celeste if I were you I'd keep my distance." She says and I motion for her to walk over to the buffet.

No girl is at it but I don't care if they throw out their money for all this food I'm gonna eat it. "She looks like a two." I say referring to her class while I grab a red strawberry and bite into it. "She is. She talked about her model job in croatia for half an hour before you arrived." Marleen rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

The strawberry is perfectly ripe and I close my eyes in satisfaction as I bite into the next one. "This tastes like heaven how come they aren't eating?" I ask Marleen because maybe they ate before I arrived but I'm not sure.