Let me explain

(I would suggest making up a fake name for Y/F/N because you don't want to associate your friends with this :/ )

"Hey" I greet Y/F/N as I get in her car.

"Hey, you look nice" she says and winks, I just give her a small smile, I can already tell I'm not going to be confortable.

"So where are we going" I ask putting on my seat belt.

"There is super cool club where the drinks are super cheap" she says cheerfully backing out of the driveway.

"Oh cool" I mumble and slump back in my seat, I can't help but think if I made the right decision. Should I have left, am I going to be safe?

The car ride to the club is spent in a sort of awkward silence, every now and then Y/F/N would glance at me but I would keep my eyes forward and just think about seeing cate when I get home.

We pull into the parking lot of the club and find a spot. "You ready" Y/F/N asks me and places her hand on my thigh, I move my legs to the side so she's no longer touching them and mumble an 'okay'. We step out of the car and enter the club.

The music is so loud I can't hear my own thoughts, there are colourful lights shining in all directions and people dancing. "Oh there they are" Y/F/N yells over the music and points to a group of people at the bar. I nod and follow behind her to the bar, we sit beside them and Y/F/N introduces me. There are 4 people, Kristina a tall women not much older than me, Kyle and huskier man with red hair and a beard who definitely makes me uncomfortable, Ashley a women who is my age, she has dark purple hair and a slim body and Ryan, a awkward guy with brown curly hair and a muscular body. I don't pay much attention to them I just sit and contemplate rather I should sneak away and go home.

"Hey Y/N, you want a drink" Y/F/N asks me.

"No that's fine, I'm good" I smile lightly.

"Are you sure" Y/F/N says and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm sure" I say coldly. She shrugs and goes back to talking with her friends.

I sit thinking about mine and Cates plans, this week we are going to get situated and then next week we are going to spend a night at my apartment as we pack my stuff and then in two weeks the kids are coming to stay with us. Thinking of cate I should text her to make sure she's alright.

Y/N: heyyy love :)

Cate: Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?

Y/N: Fine, I wish I was with you though.

Cate : I know darling, have you drank anything yet?

Y/N: no I haven't yet.

Cate: ok sweetheart, I'll pick you up if you want to come home.

Y/N: I'll stay a little longer so I don't seem rude, I'll text you when I'm ready :)

Cate: alright princess, I love you , see you later.

Y/N: mmm love you too <3

I sigh and put my phone in my purse, I look around the bar. Y/F/N's friends are now quite drunk but she isn't which makes me feel better. I sit and wait for time to pass.

~~~~

I think it's been about an hour of sitting at the bar, my head is pounding from the music and I'm exhausted. "Do you want a drink now" Y/F/N asks standing behind me.

"No I'm fine".

"Oh come on I already ordered you one" she says and hands me a glass of scotch. She takes a seat beside me.