the perfect dress

*three weeks later*

"i've planned most of the wedding so i want you to plan this part." Cate entered the kitchen with a ipad in hand and her glasses perched on the tip of her nose.

"hm?" I said turning in her direction. she held her ipad infront of me and showed me an empty template for a tuxedo.

"i want you to design what i'll be wearing!" she cheered with excitement and wore a huge smile on her face. it stretched from ear to ear, i could stare at her smile all day.

"NO WAY!" i exclaimed while tossing away the dish rag that once was clutched in my fist.

"YES WAY!" she squealed and placed her ipad in my hand, millions of possibilities raced through my mind. whatever i picked had to be perfect, luckily the odds were in my favour because cate looked good in anything. "come on baby, let's go sit and discuss." she guided me to her office and we both snuggled up together on the couch she had placed in the corner of the room. i laid with my back pressed against her chest as she wrapped her arms around me and held me tight.

"there's just so many possibilities..." i murmured, my eyes unfocused themselves as my thoughts raced.

"i'm sure you'll think of something baby." cate whispered in my ear and kissed my neck affectionately.

after approximately three hours i had it, my master piece. cate would look amazing as always but this time it would be at our wedding. the more i said it to myself the more real it became. i would soon be the wife of cate blanchett, y/n blanchett would be my new name.

"i think it looks amazing sweetheart." cate said as she turned off her ipad, making sure my design was saved. "i can't be what an amazing artist you are, everyone will be blown away." she reassured me while stroking my left arm with the back of her hand.

"you think so?" i asked, heavy heat spread across my cheeks along with a deep shade of pink.

"oh, i know so!" she cheered, "everyone will love it. but not as much as i love you." the second part of her phrase slowly decreased until it reached a near whisper. The grin that caressed my lips was no longer in my control, cate had me completely mesmerized. everything about her just made me love her more, i don't know what i would do without her. she was a piece of me, without her i'd be lost in life.

"i love you even more." i say and kiss her lips playfully.

"no you do not! that's not possible!" she chuckles and plays with my hair. i discard the ipad to the other side the couch and straddle her waist.

"sooo possible." i tease and lean down, i place a kiss on her lips. "nobody," i kiss her lips once again. "loves," and again, "you more than me" i say with kisses inbetween ever word.

"oh come here you little goose." she says and flips me over, i laugh uncontrollably as she tickles my sides. my legs kick and i squeal. this tickling goes on for about a minute before we get tuckered out.

"never do that again!" i say as we both catch our breath.

"hm? or what?" cate replies in a deep voice, she kisses my lips sensual and grabs both sides of my thighs with her hands. i wrap them around her as we kiss, my hips grind against her stomach but the second i make a sound she stops. "dinner?" she says as if she doesn't know what she just did.

"you're a meanie." i say before sitting up and brushing my fingers through my hair.

"you love me." she teases before standing up and guiding me with her. "now let's go to dinner my love."

AN

look who's updating... sorry guys 🥲 i forgot this story existed. also no proof read cause i'm lazyyy