Chapter One

Y/N sat at her dining table in her dressing gown, staring at her laptop screen with frustration. She balanced her phone between her ear and her shoulder and drummed her fingers on the keyboard.

"I don't know Dad. It's such a big part, and it's anticipated to be a great film. What if it's a flop because of me?"

"And what if it's a hit because of you?" Y/N heard her Dad sigh heavily. "You've gotta take it, Y/N. It's a great opportunity for you. And I thought you really wanted to meet Jodie."

"There's meeting your childhood celebrity crush, and then there's being her girlfriend in a romance film."

"It doesn't hurt to try sweetheart, it's always good to try new experiences." Silence from the the other side of the phone. "Listen, just go for it. It sounds cheesy, I know, but I'm here if you need anything."

"Okay, thanks Dad, see you later. Bye."

"Bye sweetheart."

Y/N ended the call and looked back at the laptop. It gave her a hard stare back, calling to her, wanting her to go ahead with it. Go on, Y/N. It whispered. Go for it.

The letters and pictures swam in her vision. She distracted her eyes by reading her shopping list: bread, milk, apples, ham, chocolate, something for dinner, spare face mask, cake ingredients.....

She buried her head in her hands, banging it on the table. "Come on stupid universe." she muttered. "Give me a sign won't you?"

There was a soft bang on the glass doors of her balcony and Y/N lifted her head. She walked over and opened them up as a pigeon flapped on the ground. Y/N picked it up and placed it carefully on the wall. It stumbled a bit before flying off again, crashing into the neighbouring balcony instead.

Y/N crossed her arms and gazed up at the clouds. She cocked her head and made a face, ignoring the spitting rain that soaked her.

"A pigeon? Really?"

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Later, she was stuck. Lindt or Cadbury's? She flicked between the two brands of chocolate. They were same reduced price, same size, even the same price per gram, she'd checked. Maybe she should just get Tesco's own? It was 24 pence cheaper.

But it wasn't as nicer.

"Screw it." she muttered, grabbing one of each and putting them in the basket.

She left the aisle and headed hastily to the self checkouts, where luckily there was one free. She went over, but almost crashed into a woman who had also seen it. Their bodies and bags collided and an electric shock went through them, making Y/N shudder.

"Oh, sorry...I didn't know you were-" she apologised, picking through the shopping, trying to only touch her own.

"No, no it's my fault...I didn't see you-" the woman's clear Yorkshire accent apologised, doing the same.

"Really, I'm sorry.-"

"I'm so sorry too...." the woman trailed off as the two of their eyes met. E/C against hazel. Y/N tried not to gasp and broke the contact by continuing to pick up the shopping.

Fuck. That's her. Is it?

They re-packed their bags in an uncomfortable silence. Y/N hoped Jodie didn't recognise her from the audition. She almost felt her hands shaking as she scanned the items after her. Jodie even waited before they left the supermarket.