Chapter Three

"You're room 107, first floor. Here." the receptionist gave the key cards through the hole in the screen."Our regular services are available, but the self-serve breakfast is limited to six people or two households at one time, as well as in lifts. Masks must be worn everywhere apart from your private guest room. The wifi password is on the back of your room door. Have a good stay!"

"Thanks, you too." Y/N cringed, grabbing her suitcase. She walked quickly to catch up with Jodie, who was yanking her case loudly up the stairs. "We count...as a household.......right?" she heaved.

"Uh, I'm not sure, sorry." Y/N shook her head. "Why?"

"'Cause someone else....is waiting.....for that lift...and this case is.....really heavy."

"Do you want me to carry it?" Y/N asked. Say no. No, say yes. Wait no, say no.

"Nah..it's...alright." Jodie continued to climb. "I'm...fine."

"Are you sure? Mine's not that heavy." Yes it is.

Jodie paused and wiped her brow. "If you're sure, then please."

Y/N clambered up and took it in her other arm. "Is there another bag I can take for you to help? You've got a pretty big load there." Jodie asked.

"Er, there's just...this really." Y/N handed over her duffel bag.

"What's in here? Out of interest." Jodie was intrigued.

"Just my writing supplies." Y/N mumbled.

"Pardon? Sorry, masks."

"Writing supplies."

"Ooh, you're a writer?"

"Not really. It's just a hobby. I never get past the first draft anyway."

"Can I read some?"

Y/N scoffed. "Definitely not. They aren't for anyone but me."

"Okie dokes then. Your stuff, your rules."

——————————————————

They carried on lugging the baggage up the steps, the countless coats and scarves making them so hot by the time they got to the top they had three layers each to carry. The room itself had two small double beds, an en-suite and a large flat screen tv, with windows looking out over the dusky city.

Y/N took the bathroom first, having a shower and getting ready to sleep. Once she came out, Jodie was waiting right outside the door. She paused for a second and Y/N thought she saw a flash of surprise go across her face, but the next moment she handed her her script.

"Here you go, I've highlighted every place where there's likely to be a 'girlfriend' moment so we can discuss together what we're gonna do for it if that's okay?"

"Yeah."

"Great! I'll just be a few minutes. Feel free to highlight any more you find on mine too."

Y/N got comfortable on her claimed bed, making sure her stuff for the first day of filming was ready. She flicked through the scripts, colouring a few other places before placing Jodie's back and settling under the warm duvet. Jodie did the same.

"Right." she began. "Pretty much half of this film is covered in pink highlight. All the little star things I've put are where it's more romantic, like kissing and things. Well, it sounds like it according to the dialogue."

"Ah." Y/N avoided staring right at Jodie. She checked the script and realised there were quite a few. Oh no.

"I think it would be best if we just, you know go for it, just relax and see how it goes. But I'd like to know your boundaries first. I really don't have any, personally, but you might, so you know, just making sure, just in case."